#ChambersOut

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:
brisbanestorm wrote:I'd like to imagine a few people here were eating humble pie tonight.
Why? Regardless of how he played last night that still doesn't change the fact he's been decidedly average by his standards since he returned from injury. Also i bet every single person on here who's criticised him would love him to come out and have a blinder every game he plays because it only helps the team. I've said that on a couple of times here and i'm sure everybody else thinks no different.

Spot on, Ice. His performances over a number of weeks were very frustrating , but it is great to see him lift his game last night. Craig mentioned in the after-match press conference that it had taken some time for Will to get his confidence back. Just in the nick of time, as we need him at his best against Juzza or Linnett.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is the write up on the Telegraph which had a summary of each finals teams chances, casualty ward/suspensions, x-factor and needs to lift categories. This is our need to lift:

Will Chambers missed a good portion of the season with a broken foot and since his return he’s yet to really hit the form that saw him earn Test and Origin starts last year.

The Maroons centre has struggled to find his feet and looks a little underdone — not to mention his aversion to passing the ball, which saw the tries dry up for rookie sensation Suliasi Vunivalu. A firing Chambers would make the Storm’s premiership charge all the more imposing.

This is pretty much spot on and a carbon copy of what most have been saying here. He's yet to hit the heights of what we know he's capable of, his aversion to pass the ball to Suli saw a bit of a dry spell to his try tally and that with a return to form that again we know he's capable of we're just in a much better place to win the comp. Now either the author has either come here and read this thread which is highly unlikely or he's just stating the bleeding obvious that even a blind man can see.

Last night is most definitely a step in the right direction and i'm sure he'll get some confidence out of it and will get even better. Once more i'd absolutely love him to rip the Cows a new one and whoever else we play in the finals.