Prelim final vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank the tank on SEN said earlier today that Marika have to complete the full training run tomorrow and basically if he does he's in and if not they'll bring in a replacement. He always said at this stage they're more hopeful of him playing than not. He'd want to have improved a heap on yesterdays footage they showed because he looked very proppy. Fingers crossed.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Both games Melbourne and Brisbane SOLD OUT
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't say that's happened in Sydney this finals series.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No surprises there, would've been surprised if they weren't but still great to see all the same. That's how you do it Sydney and yes, while i know AAMI holds only just over 30k they'd still struggle to fill that if it was a Sydney team playing an interstate one and especially the Cows. No disrespect to them as they're a great team but at the same time they're not the biggest crowd pullers for the home side when they're playing interstate.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:Both games Melbourne and Brisbane SOLD OUT

Maybe still a bit too early mate, just got on Ticketek and there still seems to be tickets available in all categories. While several sections you can only get single seats there's others where you can get anything up to 2 to 10 still. That said i'm sure there's not a great deal at all left and reckon it'll be a full house come kick off.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the Storm have said on Facebook "The NRL - National Rugby League have announced Saturday night's Preliminary Final at AAMI Park is SOLD OUT!!' Yet Ticketek are still showing there's still tickets in many sections still available. WTF is going on????
Kya
Squall
Squall

The reason they say "sell out" is because less than 900 seats are left for purchase.

Of those, many sections have only single seats available. The seats that aren't sold in large blocks are the ones in the far corners of level one. There are also sections of the stadium that have obstructed views and are therefore unlikely to sell.

Either way it's a brilliant effort by Melburnians to get behind this game especially considering the NRL give away thousands of free tickets to Sydney finals and charge less for finals in Sydney.

Instead they gouge the Queensland and Melbourne fans because unlike Sydney fans we actually turn up and support our sides!

Well done Melbourne!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Regardless i still don't see the point of announcing it as a sellout yet when it just not. There's still categories 1, 2 and 3 available and yes while there's several sections that only have 1 seat options as i mentioned but also there's still sections where there's 10 available which aren't all in corners, section 36 for example. I'd also imagine there'd only be very few restricted view seats (if any) and i dare say Ticketek would have to disclose that anyway.

While of course it's a great effort to get so many it's just ridiculous (IMO) to say it's sold out when it's not. People read that and don't bother looking for a ticket because they think there's none where there is. Even if it is 900 left that's 900 more that could get in and won't be counted if they don't sell. I'm all for spruiking a sell out but how about we actually sell it out first and give people every possible chance to get a ticket....
Kya
Squall
Squall

Ice, there are a small but significant number of restricted viewing seats and when you go to buy the seats they are shown on the map so people can choose to sit there or not, however they don't disclose the nature of the obstruction. ( restricted viewing can mean anything from having a safety bar in front of you or the big screens partially in your view etc)

Out of curiosity I went through every section on the map to see what seats were still available. And while all categories of ticket were available, the largest blocks of seats were available in the corners (not the only place but the main areas for more than 10 tickets).

900 is the figure that was reported by Roy Ward (Age journalist earlier, however it could be less as it was awhile ago).

I wouldn't be surprised if like every stadium does, they announce they have a small amount of seats on sale on Game day.

I'm just telling you why they report it as such and what I found when I looked.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Ice - and said the same thing yesterday... I think it's ridiculous to announce something as sold out when you can log on and buy tickets.
All it does is make people who were maybe still deciding not bother looking, as what's the point if you're told it's sold out.

It makes no sense to me, and is probably part of why even sold out events are generally not at capacity for attendance
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone here consider North QLD to be the Melbourne of the North?

They are supposedly the target of a conspiracy to shaft them out of the finals over previous years. They've got some of the best players we will see or at least in the game. Alot of parallels to us

Considering the majority of our team have come from north QLD over the years with our affiliation with Norths Devils I think whether we win or lose we will be barracking for one of the teams we see on saturday in the GF.

Fingers crossed their fans are a good bunch.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Cowboys beat us and play Roosters I will back the Cowboys. If they play Brisbane it might be a harder decision.

For what it is worth the winner of tonight's prelim wins the comp next week.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For what it's worth (nothing) here's a rundown of who the 'experts' are tipping that i've seen on the various tv shows.

M. Johns: Cows
Alexander: Cows
Hindmarsh: Storm
Fletcher: Cows
Sterling: Cows
Anasta: Cows
Ikin: Cows
Kent: Storm
King (Matt): Storm
Fatty: Cows
Brohman: Cows
Molan: Cows
Myles: Storm
Gallen: Storm
Middleton: Storm

It's gonna be a cracker of a game but i'm actually confident we'll get the chocolates and go onto GF number 7. I also think if we do i give us every chance against whoever we play.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stress levels continue to rise as the week goes on. Currently at "Anxiety Pains" level. An hour before kick-off, will likely be at "Heart Palpitations" level.

I hope Marika plays and as a team, we play to our potential. If our forwards have the desure to aim up and take it to the more fancied Cowboys big men, we are every chance.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not really stressed like I've been previously. Must be because of my low expectations I had for the team. I'm just happy to be here atm.

I imagine I'll be pretty nervous by game time.