Finals scenarios ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No way in the world is that "easier". Roosters are missing two of their best players (if not THE best). We have lifted against the top sides and struggled against the perceived "easier" teams.

We have a real shot to beat them if we show up with the right attitude. Then it's a home Prelim to make the GF. No elimination games until week 3... Regardless of who the teams are, the alternative is two elimination finals games to get to the same point. One home, one away. Then an AWAY Prelim. So much harder...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters haven proven depth and a massive forward pack and have given us troubles everytime we've played them (including the game we won this year). Dogs are a team we have only beaten once since the 2012 GF. I'm not sure how going through Dragons/Sharks/(Cowboys or Broncos) isn't a much easier way to go despite having to play in elimination games every week.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And that might be the point - it comes down to attitude. ... in the 'easy' games teams have humbled us. ... we turn up for the hard ones. I believe we're in with a real shot to beat the roosters.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wanted to finish 5th so we could play saints in the first week cos 2 of my mates would have come down for it!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Next week Sydney ... if we lose does that meant we play at home in Week 2? I know that a win would see us play a home game in week 3
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The simple fact is that to win the comp you have to play the best teams regardless of if it's week 1, 2 or 3 and it's an absolute no brainer it's a much bigger advantage to finish top 4 and have a chance to take the shorter path with the golden chance of a home prelim after week 1 which is absolutely priceless. Given no team has won the comp outside the top 4 i've no idea why anyone would rather finish 5th as opposed to 4th, it's not just because it's bad luck it hasn't happened it's because it's so much harder to do so.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am 100% confident we are going to beat the chooks. They are prime to lose a game and we are just the CHAMPION Team to do it.
As for maloney being suspended for tripping I think that is funny.Can you really imagine the nsw judiciary is going to weaken a nsw side in finals.NEVER
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not before playing us - certainly
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forget the fact key players have been injured; in consecutive Weeks we Have held out a team that ran us down in round 4 and a team that was harder to get past than a nun's chastity belt the last time we played them. Now we have the Roosters who flogged us last time out.

I think if any team is capable of upsetting easts in the finals it is us.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maloney and Evans both get off with early guilty plea - what a shocker.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote:Maloney and Evans both get off with early guilty plea - what a shocker.
Yep a real surprise NOT
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

better to have him in the team and lose to a full strength team the beat them without moloney and have them complain
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No, we're missing Billy - they can sook all they want if they lose!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:better to have him in the team and lose to a full strength team the beat them without moloney and have them complain
I'd personally much rather beat a team without Maloney and secure a home prelim as opposed to losing to them with him and do it the hard way. Who really gives a toss if the Roosters or anyone else complains? They're injuries, every team has them especially this time of the year so you have to make do with what you have. Geez, to be totally honest i wouldn't mind one bit if RTS was out as well! :lol: