Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm... He was playing well a few years ago but I haven't seen much of him in the past 18 months. He has also only played 82 first grade games since 2011.

If he is not too banged up this deal doesn't sound too bad. I doubt we were going to use Britt in first grade again in 2017. Adds a bit more depth and greater experience.

If Rochow can find form again and remain injury free, could be a handy pick up.

Is it just for this year? Or is there an option for 2018?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS. It's official , we'll sort of...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ign=FoxNRL
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasn't a big fan of Rochow in his most recent games but he did play well for Newcastle a while back so could return to that sort of form hopefully.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/new ... h/3197098/

Not the storm but he signed with the Falcons...this guy is a try scoring machine ...could get a look in at storm next yr or few years
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS and Kasiano signings confirmed. Phew!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kasiano is playing so bad this year. He's playing 30 minutes a game and basically been a huge negative.

Craig and the coaching staff have a lot to work on.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Pull your head in blazza. Go and post your negative comments on one of the other 29 forums you rant on
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Kasiano is playing so bad this year. He's playing 30 minutes a game and basically been a huge negative.

Craig and the coaching staff have a lot to work on.
I haven't seen a whole heap of Kasiano this year but just my thoughts;

- His minutes are dictated by the starting props at Canterbury who play long minutes and the Dogs desire to give Klemmer decent minutes. I don’t believe this is any indication of Kasiano's inability to play longer minutes. From all reports (despite his size), he is quite fit.

- On a number of occasions this year, I have seen a slow/dominant tackle on a bulldogs player followed by a Kasiano hitup that results in a decent gain and a quick play the ball. Quick play the balls are gold in modern RL and set up your entire set.

- Kasiano can dominate tackles but lacks the ability to slow the ruck down without giving away a penalty. A relatively easy fix with the right coaching. (I say that despite our club being the most penalised this year :oops:).

- Kasiano - at times - can appear to try to hard. When he tries to ball play or looks to offload before taking the line on himself, first. This can result in errors. Again, our club is renowned for giving our players a clear role and should go a long way to simplifying Kas's game.

I'm excited by the prospect of Kasiano playing within our structures. I think everyone will come around when Kas proves the money we agreed to pay for him was well spent.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am quite happy with Kasiano's signing, with his potential and talent I think the results could be great.

Having said that Blazza18 is entitled to his opinion and I think storminghome's comment to Blazza18 is a bit harsh.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storminghome is just a troll. No one should care about what he/she has to say.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I'm excited by the prospect of Kasiano playing within our structures. I think everyone will come around when Kas proves the money we agreed to pay for him was well spent.
His career high in minutes average per game is 42 minutes in 2012. He was the Dogs only attacking threat last season and still couldn't play more than 30 minutes a game. Really hard to see that not being him not being fit enough to play more. There's no reason why his workload can't be thereabouts with someone like Andrew Fifita. What's stopping that?

I get the potential of him in our system but I'm still just not sure the positives would outweigh the negatives.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: What's stopping that?
Shitty coaching at the bulldogs. They've managed to make a bunch of decent players look rubbish. Look at Lichaa who was showing a heap of promise at the Sharks before being stifled at the Dogs and in reverse look at how well Ennis did after he left their crappy system.

I agree that Kasiano hasn't been playing well. Some of his efforts to get back into the defensive line were atrocious in the few bulldogs games I've watched this year. But I agree with yourhero in that he'll find a new level of motivation and work ethic at the storm.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Des Hasler is a pretty shitty coach no doubt. Definitely has zero to do with his fitness levels, attitude or general laziness.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agreed. Hopefully being in a better system with a killer preseason will give him the motivation and fitness to put in the effort plays that he's really lacking at the moment.