Auckland Nines 2015

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:The only reason I can see for playing him is if we're resting most/all of our senior players and so we want him for a bit of leadership out there.
Yea good point Mattpoet
He would be a perfect leader and role model and very versatile being able to play a number of positions.
I was under the impression that each Club would be forced to play some of their top earning players.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the club would be perfectly ok with being fined over not playing any of our top guys. It was clear last season Bellamy doesn't give a crap about it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do we even know if that rule is still in place?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If only one of top four you'd have to think Chambers or Bromwich to lead the side.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think u have to have 2 of ur top 5 players
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchy and Chambers can go have a holiday. No one else is worth the risk.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Top 5 would probably include Chambers, Jesse and Proctor. No idea though.
I dont mind the risk. Would love to see them all play
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Top 5 would be Cam, Billy, Coops and I'm going to say probably Jesse and KP considering they have signed more recently and with more public suitors than Will.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep. .. send the 20s for all I care - the chance of winning the money isn't worth the risk to the players....... sucks that two top guys have to go - they should allow teams to use a Fittler or a Geyer as one of their top players. ...a blast from the past that can still go is surely a bigger draw than a bloke you get to see week in, week out plus rep games etc. ... especially when there's every possibility the player picks up an injury, then the fans are robbed of seeing the stars play when they should be at their best.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So apparently I'm going now after winning tickets in a comp...just have to buy flights
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

you'd think flights would be included in a competition - bloody cheapskates! congratulations on your win.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tickets are worth $700 I couldn't say no

Got cheap flights over even with 2 weeks to go...I'm spending more on my flights to brissie later in the year which is crazy

And somehow managed to book accommodations 5 minutes from the ground and it's not expensive at all which is crazy so now I'm really excited and I don't even care if we win...just wanna expirence it all
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Congrats! It is an experience...we enjoyed it last year
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

chambers is captain
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't wait to see you're view via Twitter Sal - I'm not a big fan of the nines. .. but I'm jealous :)