Rd 16 v St George Illawarra Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann isn't part of the second tier cap only Kafusi Robinson Hunt and Munster are I'm not sure where anyone got Mann from in all that...ponessi was asked on a radio show last week and confirmed it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

then why wasn't he named in the 17 this week?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

then why wasn't he named in the 17 this week?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote:Mann isn't part of the second tier cap only Kafusi Robinson Hunt and Munster are I'm not sure where anyone got Mann from in all that...ponessi was asked on a radio show last week and confirmed it
If this is the case, surely he must play at the expense of Fonua, most likely.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know mattpoet I'm just saying what I heard...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I feel a good win coming this week. the draqueens will be still be sooking about our last come from behind win. I hope we don`t get ashly klown or hayne as the refs cos that could cause us problems.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They have to finish sooking about 1999 first
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Trent Merrin, arguably their best player, is very unlikely to play too as he went off injured yesterday. Not that we need any help.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was having a conversation with a friend about how I think the Storm will come thundering home after the Origin period (provided there are no more significant injuries). Had a look at the draw for the rest of the season and imo we couldn't finish with a better draw. We play each of the current bottom 4, which should be the wins that we need to consolidate a finals spot. But we also get to play the Broncos twice (including Rd 26 at home), and the Roosters and Panthers in Rounds 24 and 25. Games against those teams will be great hit outs before the finals and should help us prepare for finals intensity. Might be a bit optomistic but I think we are in for a good finish to the season.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Prior to the Eels game at least, most "experts" were tipping us to miss the finals altogether! ...and I love how prior to the Titans game Kimmorley predicted we wouldn't win another game until Round 22! Personally I'm fine with everyone underestimating us.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm wrote:Was having a conversation with a friend about how I think the Storm will come thundering home after the Origin period (provided there are no more significant injuries). Had a look at the draw for the rest of the season and imo we couldn't finish with a better draw. We play each of the current bottom 4, which should be the wins that we need to consolidate a finals spot. But we also get to play the Broncos twice (including Rd 26 at home), and the Roosters and Panthers in Rounds 24 and 25. Games against those teams will be great hit outs before the finals and should help us prepare for finals intensity. Might be a bit optomistic but I think we are in for a good finish to the season.
Was thinking this the other evening. Have been really confident the last two weeks and I think our draw enables us to build very nicely towards the finals. I'm going to call it and say we lose only 2 or 3 more games before the finals.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis#3 wrote:Was thinking this the other evening. Have been really confident the last two weeks and I think our draw enables us to build very nicely towards the finals. I'm going to call it and say we lose only 2 or 3 more games before the finals.
Great minds think alike mate ;) I agree, can see us flying under the radar to the finals and surprising everyone who wrote us off early.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Hope you guys are right.
Wouldn't it be sweet to make a come from behind climb to the final. I feel a Storm brewing
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

that erin moylan slapper even said we wouldn`t finish in the top 8 and we have lost the edge.
cayal
Squall
Squall

No real point starting a new thread about this, but I'm confused:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/st-g ... zsi41.html
It’s understood that if the likes of Bennett, Des Hasler or Craig Bellamy cannot join St George Illawarra, McGregor would inform the club he is interested in the position.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/st-g ... z35VT6tcvw