Test captain Cameron Smith chasing deal to make rugby league

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

^^^^ I'm sure Souths are pretty happy with one of the best hookers in the game don't ya think ?
storm77 wrote:
yourhero wrote:
storm77 wrote:More money from the Broncos or the whole one club man with less money from the storm. It really isn't complicated.
I think the Storm have stated that they will not be beaten on $$$ for Cam's services and if he leaves, it will be for family reasons.
But that would be a mistake in my opinion.
Yep. We're struggling this season to build around the big 3, let's just give them more money to make it worse. Giving Smith anywhere near what Brisbane has/will offer will only hurt our future.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I am just waiting for south Sydney Storm to come in with a late offer for Cam`s services.
Souffs are already over the cap... and if Cam wants another premiership ring he won't get it at Souffs.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:^^^^ I'm sure Souths are pretty happy with one of the best hookers in the game.
Isaac Luke isn't Cameron Smith's arsehole. 4 star grub.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
Isaac Luke isn't Cameron Smith's arsehole. 4 star grub.
Yep. Though i think you robbed him of a star.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The highest ranking army generals only have 4 stars

;)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he does go above and beyond in the pursuit of grubbiness though
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Moley on Twitter has stated that Cam is to reject Broncos offer and re-sign with Storm
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The mole reckons Smith is very close to turning down Brisbane and re-signing with us. Said it could be announced within a week.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Always take what Moley says with a grain of salt, particularly when speaking about Melbourne, however in this instance I hope he turns out right.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

law of averages, he has to be right eventually, hope this is the time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's funny, I only asked him last week on twitter what he was hearing and said Smith to Brisbane is still a big chance of happening. So I wonder what's changed.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:The mole reckons Smith is very close to turning down Brisbane and re-signing with us. Said it could be announced within a week.
Mole says so? He'll be at Brisbane in 2015.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From the very start i've gone on record in the other thread from the start saying i was very confident that Cam would stay. That said now the Mole has come out with that i'm a bit worried now :lol:
Rina
Squall
Squall

Moley's just taking a guess. Doubt anything has leaked from our camp. He's just covering himself for when the news actually comes out because now he's stated that he'll go to the broncos and also stay at storm. Will probably switch again in a week to ensure he can say he was at some point correct :lol:

Will never take him seriously after the supposed departure of Cooper. Bloke said he was going everywhere except staying here and ...Cooper still wears our colours :D