ORIGIN I

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Looks like Cronk out,DCE in for QLD

NSW deserves to lose for starting with a bog
average player over a pocket battleship
:lol: I know you are just trying to stir sh*t, but... DCE deserves to live in Origin exile for his entire career just due to that d*ckhead haircut. What a total asshat.

That aside, even including Cronk's average last few weeks, he has still been much better than DCE. But one 40/20 in a game against Melbourne and the Sydney media try and sell him over Cronk :lol: Wishful thinking by the Blues propaganda machine!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm surprised Mal isn't going to use DCE off the bench like he did with Cronk. It's not like it couldn't work and Cherry has been playing well too.

QLD's loyalty to a few players is my concern this year. Not many of the forwards are in that good of form.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I'm surprised Mal isn't going to use DCE off the bench like he did with Cronk.
I'm glad he didn't. No point. Cronk was really only justified because;
a. There was the imminent retirement of Lockyer.
b. He is a proven utility

These two points do not apply to DCE. There is no imminent departure of a key half member and he DEFINITELY is not a utility.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't provide the link at the moment but it looks like the Blues have had their first lucky break. Gidley has been ruled out. :-) Having said that I don't think its going to help.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote:Can't provide the link at the moment but it looks like the Blues have had their first lucky break. Gidley has been ruled out. :-) Having said that I don't think its going to help.
It would if they picked Carney to replace him as utility, or put Carney at fb and had Hayne come off the bench.

There best option IMO would be Dugan at fb and Carney on the bench and maybe Hayne on a wing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest, NSW do not need to pick a utility. They have the best one in RL in Luke Lewis.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fifita is in some unreal form atm. He's going to be hard to stop off the bench. Would think with Gidley out they go another forward. Use Lewis as the utility.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hinchcliffe would be a good addition I reckon.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Hinchcliffe would be a good addition I reckon.
All bias aside, an ideal addition. A high quality hooking replacement for Farah (allowing Farah to play half if Pearce went down) but also a top notch forward rotation. Personally, I would consider still having Hinchy come off the bench for us at club level. Nothing against his work he has offered in the starting line up, he just makes a great impact whenever he comes on. He is strong in his runs and has a stinging defensive style. Hard as nails and plays with everything he has got... Typical Blues though, they will pick Josh Reynolds/John Sutton or someone else equally ridiculous.

Whoever is picked will get limited game time, if at all. Sub 10 mins is my guess. Gallen, Bird, Lewis and Hoffman can all (and usually do) play the full 80. You would expect in Origin they would all get at least 60. Gallen and Bird probably the entire game. Playing someone for the sake of giving them game time shouldn't take place.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would love hinchy to come in for skirt but I think we have to go with some1 with goal kicking ability, if Maloney goes down we will have no 1.. so I think carney will get the spot
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ferguson kicks and has stood in for the Raiders on a number of occasions. Another/higher quality backup goal kicker should be at the lower end of priorities IMO.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:I would love hinchy to come in for skirt but I think we have to go with some1 with goal kicking ability, if Maloney goes down we will have no 1.. so I think carney will get the spot
Just to make it clear, there's no we.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gallen mentioned last night they're probably going to pick another big bopper.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

woods, t sims or grant should come in. bird and lewis are utilities. i like this side! i think qld have a few forward problems for the first time in 7 years and think its NSW turn this year
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The talk is Sutton will take the bench spot....wouldn't be my choice, but he is one of a few guys that would deserve a run.