Your Round 4 Team vs Dogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The published lists from NRL.com
Melbourne Storm v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at AAMI Park, 7:00pm

Storm: Billy Slater, Justin O'Neill, Dane Nielsen, Beau Champion, Anthony Quinn, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Kevin Proctor, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Adam Blair, Todd Lowrie, Ryan Hinchcliffe. Interchange: Adam Woolnough, Jaiman Lowe, Troy Thompson, Jesse Bromwich.

Bulldogs: Ben Barba, Steve Turner, Timoteo Lafai, Jamal Idris, Bryson Goodwin, Kris Keating, Trent Hodkinson, Aiden Tolman, Michael Ennis, Mickey Paea, Frank Pritchard, Andrew Ryan, David Stagg. Interchange (from): Sam Kasiano, Jake Foster, Corey Payne, Dene Halatau, Chris Armit.
so with that line up we're putting stormer against ex stormer ?
Quinn v Turner : Norrie v Tolman
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Doesn't matter what players we fill the team with this week, if they play as bad as they did last week we won't come close to the dogs at all.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Idris could have a field day on that left side.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne & Bears wrote:Doesn't matter what players we fill the team with this week, if they play as bad as they did last week we won't come close to the dogs at all.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

That's pretty harsh. It was 10-6 at halftime. Which team wouldn't have copped a 2nd half hiding with 3 players off the field and last minute positional changes to compensate?Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:Idris could have a field day on that left side.

I think duffie and o'neil would be more likely and stronger team

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to Herald Sun (the paper, not the troll ;) )

Dane Neilson and Kevin Proctor will be ok to play against the Bulldogs
Sika Manu will be out for a couple of weeks (hopefully that's all)

More than likely Atelea Vea will be promoted to make his Melbourne Storm NRL debut in Sika's place.

So i'm tipping;

Slater
O'Neil
Neilson
Champion
Duffie
Widdop
Cronk
Norrie
Smith
Blair
Proctor
Vea
Lowrie

Hinchcliffe
Bromwich
Thompson
Woolnough
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

Our forwards lacked bite on Monday night (completely out enthused by the Cowboys) I would suggest a couple of changes to the forwards. Not really that keen on Lowrie at the minute, but players can lift for the next game as the Dogs are no mugs. We are gonna have to watch out for Frank Pritchard as he has been pretty damaging off the bench for the Dogs. I would also suggest that Quinn gets a rest for a week as he looked lost and on the wing on Monday night.

Anyone know how Sione Kite is coming along? Heard Kite was injured, but nothing of late.

I would even suggest changing around Billy with Gareth for a bit, just to move Billy closer to the ball (IMO). Gareth destroyed the Dogs last year as FB. (Just a thought)

Cheers all

SS
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

kite is playing nsw cup in his first game back this week. the side just put up looks a lot better than the one in the paper imo, but why would bellamy show his cards to the doggies? and leave billy at the back, thats where he is best and widdop is showing show good touches in attack its just the big guys running at his in defence, so widdop might need some help against idris this week (sika would have been perfect)
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote:The last I heard Maurice Blair was due back from injury this week??
I hope Sika, KP and Dane are all ok.

I was disappointed with Quinn last night and I reckon the dogs will destroy his poor defensive reads. With blokes like Idris in their side id be wanting Duffie and O'Neil on our edges definitely.
Our forwards are lacking some sting, and the Dogs have a big, experienced and aggressive pack. I'd like to see the likes of Vea, Maori and M.Blair get a go. And possibly Woolnough off the bench.
I'm hanging out to see Niko and Waqa, but am not sure if they're up to the task yet??
We'll definitely see a different lineup from last night i'd imagine.
Quinn and Lowe --out
Manu, Proctor, Neilson --???
Duffie --in
Woolnough, Vea, Blair -likely ins

Maurice Blair has been playing in the NSW Cup I beleive, he was off the injury list before the season started.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kearns on Woolnough
"But now he’s back in the thick of things, and he really set the world on fire early in our trials."
“But with only a certain amount of front-row spots available he missed out on the first three games."
he was setting the world on fire in the trials apperently.
But yet didnt make the first round side?

And normally i find if a player is actually setting the world on fire they tone him down rather than talk him up..

so.. all signs point to Woolnough being abit below what the expectations were maybe?

Hopefully Kearns IS right, and Bellamy has been just waiting to unleash the guy, and he will be really really good. ;)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unleash Woolnough? If he can't get a run over Lowe then he can't be too red hot. Hopefully I'm wrong and missing something.
After seeing Tolman run around for the first 3 rounds it pains me that he's wearing a different jersey.

Johns
Squall
Squall

Anyone got any word of whether Quinn or O'Neill will partner Duffie?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

quinn had a shocker! oniel has been consistent every game, so i would go oniel and duffie as we started with rd 1
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

a doggies supporter told me no one can out jump idris.... i said wait until duffie plays monday, i also seen a photo with duffie towering idris last year
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

storming wrote:a doggies supporter told me no one can out jump idris.... i said wait until duffie plays monday, i also seen a photo with duffie towering idris last year
Obviously doesn't watch him that much as, much to the team's detriment, Steve Turner can out jump Idris.