Thanks Melbourne.......

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storm_rhinos wrote: Its a great idea - a full stadium will be great BUT......it doesnt really help us members as such...after forking our over 400 bucks i wonder if their will be any preferential offers next year....its us committed members who have weathered the hard time more than the fans who get in for a buck
Have to agree great idea ..... but members should have been given 24 hr priority access....
I hope they try this for the first game of next season - which could then flow onto new memberships

At least they are trying something.... should be a great send off for those that are leaving us
and a great way to finish of such a crappy season.... bring on 2011
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Have heard from someone try to get two general admission tickets in the past half hour - only to be informed on the site none are available (even trying for one at a time)  :?
I really find it hard to believe they've sold out already.....probably a Ticketek stuff-up, but it's bad for the club if people are trying to buy tickets and can't get through  :(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've had problems with buying tickets through the Ticketek website before.  The site would tell me that tickets were available in the category I was after, only to tell me that they couldn't find tickets for me when I went further into the process.  Sure, it was Metallica and Ticketek basically exploded when they went on sale - but still, there were problems.  I just kept trying and eventually got what I was after.
You had me at meat tornado.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just been on the website - tickets available for level 3 both sides and 'general admission'.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was at the first home game against Norths, and as a fan from day one: my opinion is...

...what a crap gesture.

Give the members some of their money back, a signed photo of the team saying thanks, 20% off next year's membership. Let's have one of the players ring to speak to each member personally (it's been done before as part of a recruitment drive - Danny Williams rang me). Something that matters.

This shouldn't be a marketing exercise. It should be about the club saying to the members, "We're sorry for the misdeeds of the previous management. We really value you and thank you for your support in what has been a difficult time for all of us".

Nothing wrong with promotion on the back of it; but one dollar tickets devalues the whole thing.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Single seats only on level one (both sides) and level three (Western side - the one which is usually closed).
You had me at meat tornado.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

I've got 3 spare tickets, western side, section 24 row A if anyone is looking for extra tickets?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ok guys I got a question. I brought My Girlfriends family tickets to the General Admission area but got them in 2 seperate bunches of 4. Their located on different ends of the ground however they all want to sit together. Does the General Admission allow people to move around like Olympic park or are u only allowed in ur allocated area?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

General admission does not normally have seating allocations (unless it's a specified fully ticketed game) so you should all be able to sit together Freshy.  :D
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote: General admission does not normally have seating allocations (unless it's a specified fully ticketed game) so you should all be able to sit together Freshy.  :D
Awesome :D thanks mate! Its wierd because the General Admission seats I got them have allocated seat numbers.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Freshy wrote:
Tigger wrote: General admission does not normally have seating allocations (unless it's a specified fully ticketed game) so you should all be able to sit together Freshy.  :D
Awesome :D thanks mate! Its wierd because the General Admission seats I got them have allocated seat numbers.
That's so they can keep track of tickets sold, and of course, if it's a ticketed game.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote:
Freshy wrote:
That's so they can keep track of tickets sold, and of course, if it's a ticketed game.
Oh sweet :) hopefully we get a sell out, wouldnt be suprised if we get at least 20,000.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote: Ok guys I got a question. I brought My Girlfriends family tickets to the General Admission area but got them in 2 seperate bunches of 4. Their located on different ends of the ground however they all want to sit together. Does the General Admission allow people to move around like Olympic park or are u only allowed in ur allocated area?
Freshy...you'd hope that General Admin tickets function as General Admin tickets.....but you should check with AAMI PARK before the game whether there is some expecation on behalf of the ground (not the Club) that people will sit in allocated seats.

The big problem if they are not allocated seats is that there may be "holes" all over the General Admin areas.

If it is specific seats...maybe your family could look to "swap" with another 4 people sitting at the other end.

After all...it's not like they have paid a fortune for specific tickets at one end of the ground. People should hopefully be "nice" and understand if you have a legit reason.

Good luck !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Freshy wrote: Ok guys I got a question. I brought My Girlfriends family tickets to the General Admission area but got them in 2 seperate bunches of 4. Their located on different ends of the ground however they all want to sit together. Does the General Admission allow people to move around like Olympic park or are u only allowed in ur allocated area?
Freshy...you'd hope that General Admin tickets function as General Admin tickets.....but you should check with AAMI PARK before the game whether there is some expecation on behalf of the ground (not the Club) that people will sit in allocated seats.

The big problem if they are not allocated seats is that there may be "holes" all over the General Admin areas.

If it is specific seats...maybe your family could look to "swap" with another 4 people sitting at the other end.

After all...it's not like they have paid a fortune for specific tickets at one end of the ground. People should hopefully be "nice" and understand if you have a legit reason.

Good luck !

Thanks for the Adivce SS! :) I was planning on call AAMI park tomorrow to see what the deal was with General Admission. Since its my girlfriends family I planned on seating them as far away possible from my mates and myself  ;D

But yes if worse comes to worst Ill try to swap :).

Thanks!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: I was at the first home game against Norths, and as a fan from day one: my opinion is...

...what a crap gesture.

Give the members some of their money back, a signed photo of the team saying thanks, 20% off next year's membership. Let's have one of the players ring to speak to each member personally (it's been done before as part of a recruitment drive - Danny Williams rang me). Something that matters.

This shouldn't be a marketing exercise. It should be about the club saying to the members, "We're sorry for the misdeeds of the previous management. We really value you and thank you for your support in what has been a difficult time for all of us".

Nothing wrong with promotion on the back of it; but one dollar tickets devalues the whole thing.
I think that is a pretty negative attitude.  I'ts not just members who have been at games this year.  We have 9000 members and ill gaurantee about 70% turn up for every game.  The rest is everyone else.  Rugby League is very Blue collar and a lot of people cannot afford memberships let alone the prices of going to a game.  2 people for one game will cost a minimum $50  then add on Parking/train ect, food, drink and it is a pricey day.  Brilliant idea by The Storm.  I'm liking Ron Gauci more and more each day.  Maybe next year drop the prices.  $25 for General admin is too much.  We have to be cheaper than AFL and A-league and we are not.