HOMEEEEEEEE PRELIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I doubt it will be at the MCG the night before the AFL grand final.  The NRL site says the dates of the games can be changed, so maybe Saturday night or like 2007 aganist the Eels Sunday afternoon.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This almost forces channel 9 & the NRL to "grow the game" and make it a Sunday  ???

I'm sure ALL the combatants will enjoy the extra days rest  ;-)
bruce
Squall
Squall

Im not sure if they'd put it on the night of the afl grand final

most of melbourne would be too tired

sunday arvo would be perfect
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hate you VFL! Can't they move them to the MCG!? We don't want to be giving teams an extra day or two rest!! I mean come on, we are a professional NRL team we should get our way.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

AFL rules in Melbourne.  It is wrong, but tha is the way it is.  The only way the VFL/TAC matches wil be moved is if the management of the stadium do it.  But tickets have already been sold to this event. 
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So does league in Queensland. But I bet the Lions will get their way over the QLD Cup any day. But then if tickets are already sold, then I don't think it'll happen.

I guess Sunday will have to do then. Unfair x1000
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Can't blame AFL for the ineptitude of the NRL to grow some nuts and take charge of their own product!

I don't mind where or when the game is played as long as it's in Melbourne  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Play whenever, doesn't bother me as long as its in Melbourne and we still have the week off.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bruce wrote: Im not sure if they'd put it on the night of the afl grand final

most of melbourne would be too tired

sunday arvo would be perfect
Honestly who cares if most of Melbourne is tired. A saturday game is alot better for us then a Sunday.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Do you think the week off will actually help us? I'm not so sure. We have built up great momentum in the last 3 games and I would hate to see that momentum stop due to the week off.

Although we did have a week off in 2007 as well didn't we?

Your thoughts?

ps Isn't it great to see F@#$#% Manly OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by gothestorm on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It can't be the Friday night or Sunday as Etihad is booked for the VFL Grand final Friday night and the Victory football on the Sunday! so it is looking like Saturday night!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Better a week off than the next 6 months  :twisted:
clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: Do you think the week off will actually help us? I'm not so sure. We have built up great momentum in the last 3 games and I would hate to see that momentum stop due to the week off.

Although we did have a week off in 2007 as well didn't we?

Your thoughts?

ps Isn't it great to see F@#$#% Manly OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure if the week off will help, but one game until the grand final... I'd take that anytime.
Yep, nice to see manly out. good to see any sydney team out because they think they own rugby league lol.
2gb, on overseas markets, have got Melbourne $3 favorites for the grand final!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/breaking-ne ... -fm4a.html
Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron says he is excited by the prospect of selling a rugby league preliminary final to Victorians on the same day as the AFL grand final.

The Storm secured an NRL preliminary final after Parramatta upset minor premiers St George Illawarra on Sunday to gift Melbourne a free passage to host a grand final qualifier at Etihad Stadium.

But the Docklands venue is booked for the VFL grand final on Friday September 25, meaning the Storm must play their game on the Saturday evening - only hours after the AFL decider is completed at the MCG.

With a guaranteed all-Victorian AFL grand final in the making, the Storm will at least benefit by hosting one of the NRL's best supported teams with the winner of Brisbane and St George Illawarra to face Melbourne for a place in the decider.

"We are certainly surprised but we will take it," said Waldron of the Storm's home preliminary final.

"The AFL grand final is during the day, it is a fantastic opportunity for all those people who have come in from out of town to come straight across the bridge and watch ourselves and whoever it is put on what no doubt will be an epic final.

"I think it's a great thing to have an opportunity to attract a lot of visitors from out of town to a double header with the AFL grand final and a Melbourne Storm preliminary final against a very worthwhile opponent."

Waldron said he would approach the NRL about special promotions to help sell the game in what would no doubt be a difficult local market saturated with AFL coverage.

"Hopefully we can put in place in conjunction with the NRL a media program that provides enormous opportunity for people to come along and experience what should be a great contest no matter who we play," he said.

"The experience of both should be fantastic, who knows what we could do.

"We can attract a healthy audience and that is the most important thing."
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's either a master stroke or an epic fail on behalf of Waldo!

I never thought I'd say this BUT: THANK YOU PARRAMATTA!!!!!