I'd like to see this squad versus the Tits

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: sorry for yelling, normally I wouldn't have it's just that something happened on another forum and I just snapped.  Normally I don't let your little comments bother me but I have a very short fuse at the moment.
Lotti, don't take out your anger on Tigger. This is meant to be a friendly forum and for the most point it is.

People have clearly pointed out to you repeatedly that we don't give a shit about Manly, so unless the topic is directly related to Manly then don't post about them or post it in the NRL section. The majority of regulars on here regularly read info on the Storm so pointing out the bleeding obvious really serves no point.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy, the ignore function will not alleviate the problem will it?   ;-)
I just feel that someone should let lotti know how some people feel about her posts, if I come out as the bad guy - so be it!
Honesty is the best policy innit??  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: Surandy, the ignore function will not alleviate the problem will it?   ;-)
I just feel that someone should let lotti know how some people feel about her posts, if I come out as the bad guy - so be it!
Honesty is the best policy innit??  :lol:
Agreed, the ignore function won't stop the postings but at least you won't see them and be annoyingly annoyed ;)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

At this moment in time I'm always being annoyingly annoyed  :lol: ;-) :lol: :lol:
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

*sigh*  :(
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hailstorm wrote: *sigh*  :(
Awww poor Hail  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

lotti wrote:
Tigger wrote: Again I say, don't post if you're not gunna cope with comments.  Talking with a few other Bai Standers the other nite & your posts are annoyingly annoying to a few people............
Seriously, you need to quit it with the bloody half sentence comments cos even tho we may not all be einstein's we do know just as much as you about what's going on with our club.
normally I can cope with it Tigger but it's just since what I told you happened on the other forum happened I can't, you try having that happen and not get snippy.
Surandy wrote:
lotti wrote: sorry for yelling, normally I wouldn't have it's just that something happened on another forum and I just snapped.  Normally I don't let your little comments bother me but I have a very short fuse at the moment.
Lotti, don't take out your anger on Tigger. This is meant to be a friendly forum and for the most point it is.

People have clearly pointed out to you repeatedly that we don't give a shit about Manly, so unless the topic is directly related to Manly then don't post about them or post it in the NRL section. The majority of regulars on here regularly read info on the Storm so pointing out the bleeding obvious really serves no point.
I didn't know if everyone had checked the schedule on the Storm's website, next time I'll think twice about posting.
No need tho think just "relax, don't do  it".
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Back on topic.

I'd rather try out bigger stronger rookies than play some of our higher profile ball players.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: Back on topic.

I'd rather try out bigger stronger rookies than play some of our higher profile ball players.
I'd rather as much of our starting squad got some game time, in order to gell as a unit and get used to playing again (as opposed to training).  The young guys will get opportunities in the reserves to develop and there is no apprent urgency.

The main things is that we hit round 1 running, and running better than everyone else.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see G. Crossman in the starting line-up. Hopefully he gets back to the form of early last year where he was easily our best forward.

Other Things Im looking forward to:
- seeing (hearing) how Russell Aitken goes when given a chance at 5/8
- The passing and kicking game of GI. Not worried about the kicking side of his game but do have queries over the crispness of his passing.
- the development in Coopers game. Might not see it this game but expect to see him run more this year.
- Anthony Quinn at centre. I really rate him as a player (better then Webster) and think he'll add alot to our team this year.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I reckon Cooper may not need to run at the line this year - if Greg is the 5/8.  Lots of commentators always harp on about the need for certain halfbacks to run the ball, run the ball, run the ball. 

It certainly adds another dimension, but Coop is fast and strong, so he'll no doubt run if he sees half a gap.  His main priority IMO would be to ensure order in the backline, get the ball out to Inglis et al, and look for opportunities for a sly kick in behind their defensive line, or into their in-goal.  By running the ball (Orford used to do this) - you really are not giving your team the adequate chances in attack...especially with a backline bristling with size, speed and skill like ours.

I say PASS THE BALL COOP, PASS THE BALL!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Valid points though I dont see where I said running should be Coops first priority, however when your as quick as Cooper is you must run every-now and again. Last year I felt he was a bit conservative (understandably so) and was content to pass when there was the option to run.

All the great half-backs need a good running game so as they dont become one-dimensional, which is what Cooper will become if he's always looking to pass to GI. This year we will see alot of teams rush up on Greg at 5/8 to cut his options and one of the best ways to combat this is to have Cooper explode when he sees the gap in the defence
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree, teams will rush up on Greg and we will need other guys to score.  But Cronk is up for it, because as I have said before - he is the next Australian Number 7
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Poor ole Greggie will have guys rushing him every bloody game  :'(  or trying to get him into trouble (let's hope he's got a bit more patience than Billy did  ;-))
At least that'll (hopefully) leave some of our other guys open for scoring opportunities, I'm sure we'll have a few guys ready to step up.  :D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

On first trial line up
Best to throw our 'first option' line up into the first trial to shake off the rust.That leaves a couple of weeks to sort any problems & a couple of trials to test out our new additions.

On G I
If other teams are dumb enough to throw everything at one strike weapon then more fool them  ;D

On pointless,(annoying) posts
Why not save on text,(and frustration) by awarding them a suitable graphic so that the poster GETS THE POINT
modified & restored - so the nice people at 'feebleminds' don't get angry :P
Last edited by Bourbon Rat on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields