Round 15 Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Munster is just there for the experience. Doubt he would play even if JT pulled out, they would bring DCE in if Thurston wasn't right.

I'm confident we've got the Cowboys covered here considering all the players out. We've just got more depth then they do
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whatever the case I would love to see Craig unleash Justin Olam. With Blair and McLean out for a number of weeks, the two centres will be auditioning for one spot. The new forwards will also be auditioning for a spot.

Craig will also have to show more faith in a couple of forwards like Nicholls and Kamikamica than he has earlier in the season.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:Munster is just there for the experience. Doubt he would play even if JT pulled out, they would bring DCE in if Thurston wasn't right.

I'm confident we've got the Cowboys covered here considering all the players out. We've just got more depth then they do

I am surprised DCE has not been picked as 18th. He had an excellent game on the weekend, topped off with the winning field goal. So I agree Munster must be there for the experience . Hopefully all is well with JT , and they do release Eddie Munster to play for us.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Finucane any chance for nsw?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster at 1. Croft at 7. Smith at 9.

Don't care about the rest.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

RobbieRoss wrote: I am surprised DCE has not been picked as 18th. He had an excellent game on the weekend, topped off with the winning field goal. So I agree Munster must be there for the experience . Hopefully all is well with JT, and they do release Eddie Munster to play for us.
After his abysmal showing in 2015 and then the Titans 'betrayal', Cherry-Evans card is well and truly marked. It will be a cold day in hell before he gets called up again.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Munster will not be 1

DCE is so on the outer, even Queenslanders do not like him
Last edited by glennb on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Can't see them putting two rookie halves together.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks GlennB and TC. I had not realised the depth of the hole DCE had dug for himself !!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who was the dumbass that decided to schedule this game when all the best players would be out?

The NRL couldn't organise a gang bang in a cat house.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Who was the dumbass that decided to schedule this game when all the best players would be out?

The NRL couldn't organise a gang bang in a cat house.
I would assume the NRL logic is pick two teams likely to equally be impacted by Origin so there is still the possibility of a contest. The alternative is the prospect of playing a near full strength team.

Either way, sh*t look for the NRL.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:Slade Griffen twice?
Once is too many times.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The NRL has no logic. It is just luck we play a team with a lot of players missing too. Next origin we play the Eels, they will be a t full strength because they do not have any players picked.

Last year the Dragons got to play both the Storm and the Cowboys without origin players. Almost guarantying them 4 points.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Going to be a HUGE game for Jesse. He'll need to lead the team even though they won't give him the captain's armband. Going to be interesting to see how he travels especially with no Jordy or Glasby helping out up front.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Be interesting to see who is the captain - a race in three I think between Kenny, Finucane and Tohu