Cronk is not retiring for now

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think they just re-sign jacks and go with him and croft next year.

If my math is right we must have a bottomless war chest of coins to spend next year especially if bill doesn't go around again or if he does should he on a reduced amount
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks is doing a good job atm but I dont see him developing much more than what we see now.
Excited to see how Croft will go and I think we'll probably have a go at on of theTigers young halves
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep I think the logical decision is to have a crack at poaching from the Tigers

I am in complete shock with the Cronk announcement.

I must admit that if I were in his shoes I would struggle with coming home to an empty house, talking to my partner on the phone whilst everyone around me has family and support around them. Wish them well.

It's the start of a strange time where we go through the transition process.

Now our salary cap space is enormous... I like that!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Do hope this means Billy will decide to stick around for at least another season.
No concerns to the future of our halves. We have some very good prospects and if that doesn't plan out we can go shopping.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i WAGER HE WILL ALSO END UP BEING NAMED CAPTAIN OF WHICHEVer side he goes to.

If he goes to the Bullfilth I might be physically ill. I'd rather he went to PArra (oh the irony would be delicious given the Eels fans, who despite being the current holder of the "cheats" tag, would still view him as the evil incarnate yet he probably represents their first legitimate chance of getting a premiership since Hindmarsh and Hayne) or the Tigepies.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Do hope this means Billy will decide to stick around for at least another season.
No concerns to the future of our halves. We have some very good prospects and if that doesn't plan out we can go shopping.
1. Munster

6. Jacks
7. Croft

9. SMith

I'm salivating.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally I don't think going with 2 young blokes with little experience in the halves is too much too soon. We have the money to buy a ready made replacement so why not use it? It's no use sitting there not using it and it's not like we're massively weak in any other positions that we urgently need to strengthen right now.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think we should bring Croft up now. Put him on the bench to fast track him to get ready for next year. Wouldn't mind Storm having a crack at Luke Brooks, under Bellamy and beside Smith he could be great
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone think Foran would be worth risking? I'd be prepared to but I can understand others thinking otherwise. Widdop is off contract as well though I'd rather not go down that path again
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Forans pretty much the same as Cronk. His family is in Sydney, he wants to go back to Sydney.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough but it doesn't hurt to enquire if the club feel he could contribute to the team. He's living in NZ now so you never say never
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not brooks please. Shithouse player
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We've had many players come to the club and improve under our culture and system. Brooks could do the same. He would come cheap which is a bonus.

Another option I think we should consider is Tyrone Roberts who has played alongside both Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey and helped them develop their game. Him alongside Croft would be a decent pairing.

I think we stay away from Foran who has his own issues and injury concerns.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There's also Jack Bird. Would be a great pickup. Pretty sure last year he said he wouldn't mind playing for the Storm when asked hypothetically to pick a team other then the sharks to play for
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I'm not fussed if we went after Brooks or not, to be fair in the bloke look at the rabble of a club and team he's had to work with. It'd be Ridiculously hard for Even one of the better halves in the comp to shine when you've got a team like that you have to lead around. Especially also given he's still only 22.

Like I said I'm neither here nor there with Brooks but if we did decide to go down that path I've no doubt whatsoever that he'd be a damn sight better player in our system under Bellamy than what he is now.