Round 11 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:I don't mind it being a send-off offence (I mean "won't somebody please think of the children???") and I personally don't think either Curtis or Api were worse than each other but I think they both deserved the same punishment.
Yes you're right that the issue of the sin bin timing should not be ignored: I just find it hard to care about it when my team completed at 61% on the weekend.
I think this at the core of how most of us feel about the team at the moment. It's bad enough that Curtis Scott got sent off but the lack of discipline and ball control over a number of games now just feels so out of character. It's also even more frustrating given we all know how much talent is in that back-line and yet in two games we've seen the side held tryless.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:16 Errors (10 just in the second half)
Also worth noting, only 3 of all those errors came from the forward pack.
2 Brandon Smith
1 Ryan Hoffman
Suli had 4.

Not that the forward pack gets out of any criticism. They have been underwhelming at least for the past two weeks. The desire to get post contact metres just doesn't seem to be there. NAS has gone off the boil big time since starting.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:
Cameron wrote:We have seen a pretty consistent pattern this year.

When we get in front in games; it is all hunky dory and we play like we did last year.

But when games become a scrap and we can't seem to score; even if the game is close, we get amazingly frustrated and try to over do things and make plays out of nothing. Hence our ball handling in some games has been at u10 level.

The player we are missing the most is Cooper Cronk who would always calm it and just go back to our systems knowing that eventually something would come.

I think we miss Cronk because it’s put a heap of pressure on Billy. He is trying to do too much to create something in the absence of a true playmaker, this is causing the timings to be wrong, the passes to be pushed and so on. I think dependency on bill has increased this year instead of planning for life without billy.
Spot on nacho.

Billy is trying to play 5/8th, half back, hooker and bring the ball up like a forward.

He is even playing defence in the line which led to the try from Manly.

We are looking for Billy to create on most plays and he is over doing it leading to panic and errors.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

That was really hard to sit through.
Not worth doing a four-hour round trip to watch that garbage.
Just never looked like it.