2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

you mean apart from Cooper lol

Bryan Norrie Jaiman Lowe Todd Lowrie Mitch Garbutt after that i dont know
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sika too i think
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

y Nathan Ryan
27 February 2012 02:43PM EST

MELBOURNE captain Cameron Smith has urged the club to re-sign off contract workhorse Bryan Norrie to a new deal.

Bryan Norrie should get a new deal says Cameron Smith
Getty Images
PREV NEXT
Branding the prop as a key member to the Storms 2012 premiership campaign, Smith told Sportsnewsfirst.com.au that while at the club, Norrie has played his best football.

“For a guy his age he’s probably a late bloomer,” Smith said of Norrie.

“He hasn’t played the amount of footy he would have liked to due to injury and other things but he said his whole first grade career he hasn’t felt better than what he is since he’s been in Melbourne.

“I really would like to see him stay at our club and I’d like to think the club would want him to stay.

“He does so much work for us in the middle of the park but its noticed by all the players and coaches and a it’s because of a bloke like that you win games and premierships.”

A 28-year-old former Dragon, Panther and Shark, Norrie was set to accept a captain-coach position in Wagga Wagga before being thrown an NRL life line by Craig Bellamy.

Joining the club in 2010 during their rebuilding phase post salary cap scandal, Norrie has since been elevated into the clubs senior playing squad.

Norrie, who played his 100th game in August last year had fast made an impression at the club with often his hard work going unnoticed by those outside the club according to the skipper.

“For a guy who had sort of given away NRL and went away to Wagga (and then) got a late call up to our club in 2010 he’s done a great job,” Smith said.

“For his position he’s very underrated I believe by a lot of people.

“I have the advantage of seeing firsthand what he does on the field while a lot of fans and media see the fancy tries that Billy (Slater) scores or the nice kicks Cooper (Cronk) puts in but I really appreciate what those blokes do in the middle for me and for Cooper and he’s been outstanding.

“You just know what you’re going to get from Bryan Norrie every week. He goes out and busts his gut and he’s not the biggest front rower going around.

"He’s very conscious about his size because even though he’s tall he’s not that heavy but every time he goes out he plays above his weight.”

Smith said Norrie’s demeanour around training looks as if he is keen to keep playing on for another couple of seasons.

“As far as I know he and his wife enjoy living in Melbourne, they think it’s a great town and have a lot of great friendships with the players and off field with the girls,” he said.

“That’s a huge positive firstly for the club to retain him and Craig Bellamy threw him a bit of a life line so I’m sure he’d like to try and show a bit of loyalty there and stay on.”
staticash
Squall
Squall

I would love to see us keep norrie and sika! Fingers crossed we resign both of them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Joining the club in 2010 during their rebuilding phase post salary cap scandal, Norrie has since been elevated into the clubs senior playing squad.
Incorrect Norrie joined us in January 2010 before the salary cap scandal.

I too would love us to re-sign Norrie. If Ricky Stuart wasn't NSW coach he would be a chance of a game in the City Country match.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

In the RLW it says sika manu has thrown him self into the open market for next season and has several clubs interested in him , I hope we retain sika. His our best forward!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger is off contract too.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i read something on nrl.com that danger has talked to a few clubs but would like to stay at the storm if he can

http://www.nrl.com/nielsen-says-inglis- ... fault.aspx
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

The storm has tabled a 2.2 million deal to keep cronk till the end of 2016 . The club is confident he will resign.. can't post link but its in the herald.

Our next priority signings would be to get sika, Norrie and garbutt (if he has a good year and makes an impact) locked up.

Neilson, Lowrie, lowe I think we should let go..

staticash
Squall
Squall

Hope we make a good play for sika he is one of my fav players to watch he is just a powerhouse

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu Harris will be off contract at the end of this season. If he consistently puts up games like he did last week we'll need to keep a bit extra to re-sign him.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

[-o< ing...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

can we take that as u want him to stay a storm boy Chip

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chips needs a new outdoor BBQ area, praying for a very big year from T :P
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see in the Sydney rags that Parra and Tigers are circling Sika.