Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were being hit hard and high in a lot of the tackles. .If the game would have been reffed FAIRLY then our CHAMPION TEAM would have been in it. I don`t agree that we didn`t play well. WE WERE REFFED OUT OF THIS GAME.
I HOPE SISA IS OK. I bet that lima doesn`t get suspended for his crusher tackle.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

by the way..I am not disappointed in my CHAMPION TEAM I am so disgusted in the reffing. I will have laryngitis from all the yelling at the refs atrocious calls.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wonder if the Sydney media will call the Rabbitohs thugs for what they did tonight? Didn't think so.
We were pretty ordinary.
But the reffing was absolutely disgusting and I NEVER blame refs.
Pretty obvious everyone wants to see us down the ladder for a change and I can handle that if that is public perception...it's only natural. But when the NRL actually want it, that's another matter.
That video ref nontry for being held up was a prime example of the field ref being biased.
I am beyond angry.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am surprised by the response on LU. A lot of posters are disgusted by the blatent cheating of the refs.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:I am surprised by the response on LU. A lot of posters are disgusted by the blatent cheating of the refs.
ive noticed it on other teams forums too, they are p1ssed at how obvious it is/was. made me feel a little better that others who hate us are noticing how crap the refs were
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think most people realise the love affair the NRL/Channel 9 are having with Souths atm. Also fans are over the inconsistent refereeing we continue to get week in week out.

I doubt the media give two shits about it either.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Whether we weren't the better team or not doesn't matter
It certainly matters to Cam. He was clearly frustrated and pissed off at our performance in the presser and could tell in his last few comments at the end, especially our slow starts. Same with Bellyache and the lack of respect we had for the ball/posession.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I doubt the media give two shits about it either.
They are the ones driving the all Sydney GF! I have heard/read three separate Sydney journalists state that the game "needs" an all Sydney GF.

Paul Kent said it on NRL360 this week.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What the lima lima lima duck was that?

I'm not even that disappointed in the way we played - we were never a chance.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why an all Sydney GF? even for a semi the supposed Pride of The League could only manage 21000.

I'm even more surprised by the ref and souffs hate at LU!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now that I`ve slept and cooled off there are a few things that I got out of the game last night.

- First and foremost is that I hope Sisa is ok. Accidental or not that just looked ugly.
- I think playing Gaz last night was a risk that didn`t pay off. I applaud his courage in wanting to get back into the team as fast as he did but he just looked hesistant and unsettled.
- Frankly, general despair. Not at our team. To go down by only 10 points given what they were dealt last night was a good effort for the most part but despair at the state of NRL in general. This game will never progress past what it is currently until some form of consistency is reached in the state of reffereeing and how the rules are applied and the sydney-centricity is removed from the game once and for all. People inside of NSW need to finally get that the N in NRL stands for National and if they want the game to survive, the bias ( perceived or real) that seems to constantly eminate from the media ( in particular) about things suchs as "the game needing an all-Sydney GF" need to be killed off once and for all.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:Now that I`ve slept and cooled off there are a few things that I got out of the game last night.

- First and foremost is that I hope Sisa is ok. Accidental or not that just looked ugly.
- I think playing Gaz last night was a risk that didn`t pay off. I applaud his courage in wanting to get back into the team as fast as he did but he just looked hesistant and unsettled.
- Frankly, general despair. Not at our team. To go down by only 10 points given what they were dealt last night was a good effort for the most part but despair at the state of NRL in general. This game will never progress past what it is currently until some form of consistency is reached in the state of reffereeing and how the rules are applied and the sydney-centricity is removed from the game once and for all. People inside of NSW need to finally get that the N in NRL stands for National and if they want the game to survive, the bias ( perceived or real) that seems to constantly eminate from the media ( in particular) about things suchs as "the game needing an all-Sydney GF" need to be killed off once and for all.
+1

Craig said pre-game in his interview that Finchy didn't come up.

Said he was still carrying the injury from last weekend and he couldn't have played.

So the choice was between Widdop, Blair and Hampton at 5/8.

Craig made the only really viable choice that was available to him imho
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Injuries forced Craig Bellamy to pick Widdop last night..
it won`t be an all sydney gf. WE ARE GOING TO PLAY in it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea I think only going down by 10 with the way we played and how terrible the refs were is somewhat a positive we can take out of the game.

I just want to see the real Melbourne Storm team play. We haven't been that since the first 2 months of the season.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think they expected Souths to crack with all the ball they had in the first half as they usually do and when they didnt we panicked. Historically when Cooper starts kicking across field its usually sign of that.

Souths would have cracked if we kept the ball in hand and went with our option plays.