Storm V Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

One thing to come out of this game is, I'm now confident we will beat the Eels during origin week. Losing Munster might be a problem but I suppose Ryley Jacks would just come straight in. Bellamys just gotta keep Griffin off the field and we'll be right
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As a rusted on Bomber and one-eyed Storm fan, i am feeling shattered this weekend.

I couldn't even muster up the desire to fire up the motorbike yesterday and elected to stay in bed instead. Sport can be cruel.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disappointing loss ..Yes.

but under the roster circumstances that existed (including injuries to jordy mac, Christian welch and joe stimson)....I'll look at the unbelievable positives, especially the fact that Hughes showed he could become a seriously good player (which the Club and many others already knew...)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Munster will play in Game 3 if that was Walters in commentary last night. His defense and all round game will see him either at centre or five eight.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The last two weeks in the first 25 or 30 minutes and the last 10 or 15 minutes we were clearly the worst team. Meanwhile in the middle 40 minutes we were almost dominant. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Brandon Smith is infinitely better than Slade Griffin and the team is better when he is on. Perhaps he can't play 80 minutes at this stage and perhaps if he started he mightn't make as much impact as he does coming off the bench. Whatever the situation I can't see Bellamy changing the Griffin and B Smith dynamic v Eels.

I was very proud although disappointed we lost. I have had a couple of Roosters fans giving it to me. Yes I know 2 of the 15 Roosters fans that exist.

Brilliant performance by Jahrome Hughes on his Storm debut, Brandon Smith was again great and Brodie Croft was good again. How were those tries scored by JAC and Vunivalu?

I agree with others I am not sure how Young keeps heading the list of first back picked when someone is unavailable. His defence is terrible. He is solid in attack particularly with his dummy half runs but doesn't offer any X factor. I would prefer Justin Olam be given a chance because his defence can't be significantly worse and he offers pace and some x factor in attack. Hopefully Bellamy leans towards Curtis Scott for other centre position this week (although Scott also made some mistakes in defence).

One thing Bellamy is a bit reluctant at doing is picking youngsters, particularly those who have just joined the club (although he hasn't had much choice the last couple of weeks). One prime example of that is Suilasi Vunivalu, only got picked last year because there was literally no one else and he has been brilliant.

We lacked a little composure in last 10 or 15 minutes and there were a number of things that hurt us including Munster's relatively easy miss at goal, Young's pass from dummy half and JAC drop, Tim Glasby giving away a stupid penalty 10 metres out from our attacking try line by lying around forever, Scott flopped into a tackle near our try line which left us short on the wing when Tupou scored, Croft's grubber that went touch in goal for a 7 tackle set (it was obvious what he was trying to do) and JAC went to high on Ferguson and needed to aim at Ferguson's hips to try and barrel him over the sideline.

Having said all that with the players we had missing I thought we might lose by 20.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Excellent post, Scooter.

Anyone got an update on Tohu's (?) knee?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks RobbieRoss.

On a side note, here is an article I read recently about Jahrome Hughes hoping to play for Wales in the RLWC. To my knowledge he would be the Storm's second Wales representative along with Keith Mason.

http://www.nrl.com/storm-rookie-jahrome ... fault.aspx
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last week Slade played 38 minutes , Smith 46 minutes

This week Slade played 51 minutes, Smith 33 minutes

Don't think we can expect 60 minutes from Smith at this stage of his career but I thought Craig got the minutes all wrong last night.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I've previously been a fan of Young and have defended him on these forums but that performance was woeful. He needs to show a LOT more respect for the football and I hope he gets told in no uncertain terms that he won't play first grade again until he does.

Slade Pause Griffen needs to take some notes from B Smith. So much more momentum going forward from Smiths passes out of dummy half as they hit the lead runner well before he gets to the advantage line instead of them having to wait that extra microsecond.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seriously guys we need to calm the farm

Yes we lost but the fact if 3/4 years ago we would've been smashed by a lot of points around this time...I remember when we played the rooster when all three of our origin stars out and we were smashed 40-6 or something like that. I feel like now that won't happen.

Losing by 1 hurts but as Bellamy said in the presser the boys didn't learn what they should've last week so I guess by letting the same thing happen again and losing it is a learning verve they will overcome

And who bloody said we have to finish on top ffs ...why