Round 15 Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our last 3 wins have been without at least one member of the big 3. We couldn't have done that in years past. Shows you how far the club has come this year.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else notice how happy the team looked to be playing together especially after each try. I guess it's not the clinical professional look etc but they r playing for each other

Such a good thing to see the boys getting around. Following them on instagram shows to me that each of them are best mates off the field too
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome result, I'm very much liking the look of our team for next year and years to come. Brandon Smith looks special but will need to learn when to curb his enthusiasm, Brodie Croft looks like the wraps are well founded and I personally like Riley Jacks a lot - I don't think he's given near enough credit that's due. Munster at full back, he's a tough bugger and I can't help but fear for him everytime he takes the ball up. I think he thinks he's indestructable! 1, 6, 7 and 9 is settled as far as I'm concerned, imagine how good they'll be when they consistently train together and learn each other's nuances, now if only we can keep them together.... I doubt (but hope I'm wrong) that we'll see the same loyalty that we've seen from Slater, Cronk and Smith.
Losing Finucane was a blow but we went alright, JB had a seriously good night, KB was good too. Felise, dying with the ball on the last tackle with men on both sides of him, I'd love to know the coaches (real) thoughts!
A new dynasty???
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh, and I would NEVER normally say this, but the F*#@ING refereeing tonight, what was going on there? Also, what was going on with the on ground replays. After the first high shot called against us (that wasn't) was shown on the big screen nothing contentious was shown after that. What my $400 membership doesn't come with replays? POOR FORM. I might need to resort to buying Sports Ears and listening to the Fox commentators..
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote:...I might need to resort to buying Sports Ears and listening to the Fox commentators..
Don't bother. They were the cowboy's cheer squad tonight
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storminghome
Squall
Squall

I am *lima lima lima duck* sick to death of the Cronulla Sharks snagging every *lima lima lima duck* close game throughout the season.

$&@"$&&&&&&!!!!!!!!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:Oh, and I would NEVER normally say this, but the F*#@ING refereeing tonight, what was going on there? Also, what was going on with the on ground replays. After the first high shot called against us (that wasn't) was shown on the big screen nothing contentious was shown after that. What my $400 membership doesn't come with replays? POOR FORM. I might need to resort to buying Sports Ears and listening to the Fox commentators..
I agree with you on both counts, Bullucked. Ben Cummins really made life difficult for us.

As to the video screens, they are too small and poor definition, so it is often hard to see the details . However tonight, whenever something contentious had happened, they deliberately threw up an advert for the next home game . Just to keep us all in the dark. Thanks very much .
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a business people... storm want promotions for their games seen and they know people will be looking at the screens. Makes sense to plug their next game!

Bigger fish to fry
storminghome
Squall
Squall

If Cronulla win the Premiership again i'm gonna go and jump off a bridge
storminghome
Squall
Squall

How many years are Brandon Smith, Brodie Croft and Curtis Scott signed up for?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Totally agree on the not showing of crucial replays on the big screen and we actually commented on the same thing tonight.

You can't just pick and choose when you show replays and put up an ad for next game when it doesn't suit the powers that be, there's any number of opportunities to advertise the next game during the current game so IMO that excuse just doesn't wash. It's no coincide they didn't show the replays when it was a possible contentious decision against us. You have to take the good with the bad....

Anyway what a win! There's still plenty of work to do but geez the future looks bright for the club. And that doesn't even include the money that the big 3 will free up once they all move on
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Does anyone know NAS's IQ?

Thanks
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

storminghome wrote:Does anyone know NAS's IQ?

Thanks
Hahahah, goes with his number. Luckily in this game he'll never be wearing the fullbacks number (unlike Ra-Ra) :lol:
(And hopefully I'll never meet him in a dark alley!)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In a market where quality halves and hookers are hookers are hard to come by, I can't be more pleased with the players we have to succeed our current greats.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Apparently Brandon Smith being targeted by Cronulla