Finals Week 1 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was he next closest? Munster or Jesse should've been way ahead of him, surely!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Was he next closest? Munster or Jesse should've been way ahead of him, surely!
You mean closest to whoever was handing it out? They might as well randomly pick, because they never get it right. A business is only as good as the boss. And Gyngell is an A grade dirtbag.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, I meant physically closest to whoever was handing it out. They give it on name first and quality of game second *cough, cough DCE Clive Churchill cough, cough*
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sal.... I was 100% confident that Storm were going to beat the chooks. I thought the teams mindset over the last couple of weeks has been awesome.
Channel 9 hardly even mentioned Storm last week in the leadup to the chooks match(just to mention that we were their opposition)
I was glad they all (except for Finchy) picked chooks just goes to prove none of them want us to win and us winning annoys the crap out of them
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We should pinch Unmanly's catch cry...They all hate us - we don't care. Or maybe We're Melbourne - you're not. Or In Melbourne it Storms, but Sydney's just a plain Sh!thole.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love Cam sticking it to 9.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote:We should pinch Unmanly's catch cry...They all hate us - we don't care. Or maybe We're Melbourne - you're not. Or In Melbourne it Storms, but Sydney's just a plain Sh!thole.
I've always preferred the paraphrased lyrics by the great, legendary, immortal hardcore legends Minor Threat; take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, after we won the Sydney media did not mention how good we were to win, but how the Roosters lost. This morning the Sydney media are telling us the great Broncos side are one win away from are grand final. Hello, so are the Storm, but all they wrote about us was how is was a shock loss by the Roosters and how we now have a home preliminary.

Great story by Nick Smart in today Herald Sun about the Sydney media. Wish the Sydney media would print it.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can you share it, please? I refuse to read any of News publications.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope this works: Here is the story

SYDNEY has always largely despised Melbourne Storm and it has been that way from the beginning.
When Storm plays games in New South Wales, it mentally prepares for the worse.
Club insiders say the abuse they often cop over the fence is disgusting and goes far beyond the pale.
Especially what is levelled at the likes of skipper Cameron Smith, despite his remarkable achievements and status as the Australian captain.
There has always been an excuse for Storm success north of the border, ever since the new club from an AFL state had the audacity to pinch a premiership from the rugby league heartland in its second season in 1999.
Take Friday night’s brilliant qualifying win over the Sydney Roosters as a perfect example.
It was one of the bravest and gutsiest performances of the season with Melbourne upsetting a red-hot Sydney Roosters team on a 12-game winning streak at their home ground.
But on Saturday and Sunday the talk was all of Storm’s “wrestling” techniques, fuelled by Roosters coach Trent Robison’s whining as his way to excuse the fact he was outcoached by the masterful Craig Bellamy on the big stage.
There was very little mentioned of Storm’s perfectly executed ambush or the fact it overcame the NRL’s shoddy scheduling that saw it finish the season with three games in just 11 days.
That in itself would have been enough to do in lesser teams, but I digress.
Instead it was same story that emerges at the same time every season when Storm starts to get hot, despite the fact almost every other team implores the same on-field tactics.
Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy recently made note of it when the chatter re-emerged late in the home-and-away season.
“I found all that (criticism) quite childish and laughable, and I suppose it is because most of the media is based out of Sydney so most of the agendas can be driven out of there,” he said.
“I found it really silly and it feels like it is Groundhog Day, so to me it starts to get really boring.”
The noise continues but the club continues to find ways to win, which further fuels the hatred north of the border.
It is undoubtedly Storm against the world and it is that mentality which has helped it remain a powerhouse for well over a decade.
The haters have made the success sweeter, and there has been plenty of glory over the years.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Here here and an AMEN to boot
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They've since posted it on the Telegraph website up there as well. Personally i love the siege mentality and think it can be a big positive for certain teams and us being one of them.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

#DumbShitRoostersFansSay

Brad Fittler was sooking on the Sunday Footy Show and saying Melbourne should be grateful for the week off after 2 5 day turnarounds and that they shouldn't be a special case because every team has played the same amount of footy over the same number of rounds.

lima lima lima duck you Fittler. Idiot. And that article is brilliant btw. Thanks for sharing!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Enjoyed watching Fittler play footy but he's a giant twat. Him, Gould and Brandy are three of the media personalities which probably fuel the sides fire the most. All three have a disturbing amount of hatred for us.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Enjoyed watching Fittler play footy but he's a giant twat. Him, Gould and Brandy are three of the media personalities which probably fuel the sides fire the most. All three have a disturbing amount of hatred for us.
personally I would disagree about Gould.

I reckon he hates every other team except his own that he represents at the time...but he has enormous respect for what Storm has achieved and how they go about it.

the other 2 ...no arguments.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time