(Grand) final proof

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

AAS wrote: SC, He is a troll, Put him on ignore and get on with it.

Too me, If he is not a fan of either team  then there is only one case, he is on there for and that is to be a troll.

A rational response!
I agree with the root of this topic, all I've done is point out the childish double standards that it inspires.
Trolling? Perhaps.
Pointing out hypocricy and double standards? DEFINITELY.
Last edited by your kettle is black on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

your kettle is black wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:
your kettle is black wrote: Perhaps Dragons fans aren't the only bunch who haven't moved on.
(The pass was backwards though)
10 years ago. Ancient history.
lol why would WE move on? we won...we arent crying about it 10 years later.
No. But you are crying about them crying about it.

Refer to my handle.
my kettle is black, howd u know
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

he knows all!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

your kettle is black wrote:
Dragons fans should be angry at Mundine ... not Ainscough ...
I disagree there. While I took great delight that Mundine dropped the ball over the line and he should have passed, Ainscough chose to deliberately foul a player rather than try to legally stop him scoring. He could have tried to strip the ball, hold him up or push him into touch; but instead he tried to knock his head off.

All up though, I think this sort of trip down memory lane is a good thing every now and again. It helps build camaraderie and team spirit; it gives the team a history and sense of place both past and present. You don't want to live in the past (unless perhaps you're a North Sydney of Newtown supporter)  but sometimes it's fun to visit.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

I understand your point, and can agree with the angle you take.
I simply named Mundine because he had the opportunity on a few occasions to put more points on the board, well before Ainscoughs' penalty try mistake, but instead chose to go for personal glory.

Ainscoughs' brain snap was monumental, but if Mundine played a team game beforehand, Ainscough may well have never made the woeful tackle he did under so much pressure.

As for the memory lane aspect, yes, good to reminisce, but the taunting from events past has to end sooner or later.
Personally, I think Manly fans should give up on the abuse toward the Storm already.
The current ladder says more than any insult could.
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Buzz,i read it and pissed myself laughing,not only have you measured shit i would not have thought of but ,to have gone to the trouble to work out all that  is amazing,my hats off too you, and suck it up dragon supporters those figures cant be wrong,  can they.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

BACK BY A MILE!
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Since before Lazarus lifted the Provan Summons Trophy above his head, St George-Illawarra fans have been whining about Matt Geyer's "forward" pass for Tony Martin to score Storm's first try.

Here is the footage from Channel Nein's film taken from the Goodyear blimp that day.

Feel free to use this to finally shut up any lizard supporters you know.

images/zoom/EICSQY/geyerpass.mpg

(Hope this works)
Well, we all know how "Opes" used to get Melbourne to play a flat attacking style of football. The pass is clearly flat.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
deliverywoman1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Gotta say,

That even over 3 years of posting that footage, that it is still receiving comments.

I did one simple test to see if it was back..... which takes into account the angle of the camera and the angle of the 10 metre, try or dead ball line..... simply hold a ruler exactly on either the 10 meter, try or dead ball line and rather than 'play the footage' just scroll your mouse slowing along the play line and you can see very very clearly that it goes backwards.... no need for mathmatics on that one.... you can hold the ruler up for the dragqueens to see.

Besides.... their flattening by the Eeels last week surely proves they don't have the testicular fortitude to survive finals......
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This sticky has an ominous name.....shouldve been a sign? :)
Your about as grand final proof as the gummy sharks this year
Damn you Gallop i wanted a 2010 replay of the 2008 GF
Would have to say itd be surreal being "BeaverLess"
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The Eagle wrote: This sticky has an ominous name.....shouldve been a sign? :)
Your about as grand final proof as the gummy sharks this year
Damn you Gallop i wanted a 2010 replay of the 2008 GF
Would have to say itd be surreal being "BeaverLess"

LMAO EAGLE.....
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The link doesn't work. Can you reload it? I'm having an argument with a di_ _head dragons supporter (here:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater) who still think they were robbed and Ainscough did nothing wrong.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I showed him that. He STILL thinks Smith was in front of Kimmorley (?) I need this reloaded images/zoom/EICSQY/geyerpass.mpg. Is TC still here?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Your mate's a tool, and that's the end of it