Johns stays in coaching role

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote: Well then my question is why now? What took this woman 7 years to come forward and to have her say when there have been so many reports of similar incidents?
I just don't see the fairness in Matt Johns copping all the flack and losing everything he's worked for in the 7 years since an incident he no doubt thought was dead and buried.

I can see it's something they want to stamp out of the game then surely it would have been better to use Johns' media profile in educating others rather than shunning him away altogether.
Unfortunately the answer is quite simple, $$$$$$$$$$$

Ask her how much she is getting paid for all these interviews.

Edit: And given the poor form by Nein I will refuse to watch The NRL Footy Show until he is reinstated. And for the record I think I've missed one so far this year, not counting last night.
Last edited by Surandy on Fri May 15, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I too am a regular watcher of the NRL footy show and I didnt bother to watch it last night either.
I just wouldnt be the same without Matt Johns.

Its funny how all the good things he has done , and I bet there are heaps more things he has done to help people, charities, people with disabilities that you wouldnt have heard of in the news because he isnt big headed.
But some people cant understand this.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Nine msn has named some players involved in the incident - bet they didn't come forward themselves either - bloody cowards!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

4 Corners have a lot to answer for.
Though I did feel for the girl that night, but other stuff is now coming out and I would really love to know the truth.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TWO more players have emerged in the Sharks group sex scandal, with former player Daniel Ninness revealing he went home with the woman after the incident but at no stage had sex with her.

"We were gathered as a team in an establishment in Christchurch. After we left the establishment I returned to my motel," he said.

"I saw a light on in one of my fellow player's rooms and went to see them. I entered the room. I saw the woman in question in the room. I did not see any sexual acts.

"I left the room. We were gathered outside the room and chatting. The woman who was in the hotel room approached me and invited me back to her home. She drove me to her home.

"I did not have sex with this woman. After a short period of time, the woman drove me back to the motel."

Ninness, who now plays for Helensburgh in the Illawarra competition, never played first grade in the NRL but was a promising junior, The Daily Telegraph reports.
Related Coverage

Ninness was close friends at the time with former halfback Brett Firman, who along with Johns has been identified as having sex with the then 19-year-old woman.

The Nine Network last night named a second player who the woman reportedly rejected in favour of requesting a "second turn" with Johns, which Johns said he declined.

The player, who now plays in England, was reportedly the butt of jokes by Sharks players in the week following the sordid hotel incident.

Ex-workmates at the Racecourse Hotel, where the woman worked, have said the teenager boasted of having sex with two local rugby players in the toilets of a nightclub the night before she met with the Cronulla players.

Former Racecourse hotel owner John Butterfield said she "gloated to staff about the great night she had and how she got them into the men's toilets and had a bit of fun with them."

He said the woman spoke for four days about the night she had with members of the Cronulla team.

"She just did nothing but tell all the staff about the great night she had and to put it crudely, had the whole team in bed with her," Mr Butterfield said

The family of the girl reportedly learned of her involvement for the first time yesterday after being contacted by the Nine network.
source Telegraph
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Get Tracy BLOODY Grimshaw and CH9 to interview the girl now,with all the new information regarding her gloating and how much she was paid by Four Corners for the interview.
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

I watch the footy show every week over here in the UK and to see Matty go is very annoying. He is the heart and soul of the programme and see him go for something the girl consented too is ridiculous. I watched the doco and it seems that the girl didn't ask them to stop. Therefore it wasn't a crime so why on earth is he made too look so bad. Ok it may have been immoral but for his career to be tarnished, possibly ruined its terribly disappointing not just for Matt, but for the many fans he has. Here's hoping his back very soon the footy won't be the same without him
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

STORM 2007 wrote: I watch the footy show every week over here in the UK and to see Matty go is very annoying. He is the heart and soul of the programme and see him go for something the girl consented too is ridiculous. I watched the doco and it seems that the girl didn't ask them to stop. Therefore it wasn't a crime so why on earth is he made too look so bad. Ok it may have been immoral but for his career to be tarnished, possibly ruined its terribly disappointing not just for Matt, but for the many fans he has. Here's hoping his back very soon the footy won't be the same without him
I have a problem with some peoples "morals" shoved in my eyes and ears.

I extremely doubt 4 corners paid for this interview. If they did they'd have to disclose it. Being the ABC and all.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Again, lets just hope that there is support/counselling available for the women involved and now Johns.

We should also remember that Johns was only 'stood down' from nine......not sacked as some in the media have and are saying.
Remember we 'stood down' a player at the beginning of the year and there is a different especially from a pay roll point of view.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CaptainKlutz wrote:
STORM 2007 wrote: I watch the footy show every week over here in the UK and to see Matty go is very annoying. He is the heart and soul of the programme and see him go for something the girl consented too is ridiculous. I watched the doco and it seems that the girl didn't ask them to stop. Therefore it wasn't a crime so why on earth is he made too look so bad. Ok it may have been immoral but for his career to be tarnished, possibly ruined its terribly disappointing not just for Matt, but for the many fans he has. Here's hoping his back very soon the footy won't be the same without him
I have a problem with some peoples "morals" shoved in my eyes and ears.

I extremely doubt 4 corners paid for this interview. If they did they'd have to disclose it. Being the ABC and all.
I also am sick of having peoples morals pushed down my throat, but I'm referring to the media who have destroyed a bloke for doing what quite a few people in society have done... I don't like that he cheated on his mrs, but outside of that, what happened was between the people in that room
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]