the best contract extension yet!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
samo
Squall
Squall

i just read in the sunday telegraph that slater hs extended his contract for a further 4 years.

that is the best news, billy is the face of league in victoria and queensland, there is no more exciting player in the game and he is ours for another 4 years.

samo
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is this in the printed Sydney edition?

As it isn't in the Melbourne Sunday edition or on line.

Great news if it's the case
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Monsoon
Monsoon

this would be massive news if true and all over the internet, not a peep from any other media source, you sure its not just in the rumour or speculation section?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just got word it was in Rebecca Wilson's column, i'm getting the Telegraph tomorrow so i'll read it then and see what it says. I've never had much doubt at all that Billy would re-sign but i still won't take her word as confirmation just yet.
samo
Squall
Squall

only a small article in the top right hand corner of a page in the sports liftout, he got 1.6 million for 4 years, and it also spoke about the storm now having the whole core of the team signed long term, and it tipped benji marshall to stay with the tigers. The official announcement by the storm on billy will be tomorrow the article said.
the rest of the dam paper was covered with brett stewart and watmough

samo
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote: Just got word it was in Rebecca Wilson's column, i'm getting the Telegraph tomorrow so i'll read it then and see what it says. I've never had much doubt at all that Billy would re-sign but i still won't take her word as confirmation just yet.
Ah, the columnist that prints any shit that anonymous people email to her.  :lol:

She's got less credibility than Danny Wierdler.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone confirm when Sika Manu is signed up to? This forum says one year only - other sites say until 2011.

Cheers
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ahhh, Rebecca (I'm a so called sports reporter that only likes the AFL and will attack anything else) Wilson.

No wonder it's no where to be found.

Also, considering the club launch was last night you would have expected the news to be flowing from there.....and it hasn't from what I've heard.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently it's worth $1.6 million for 4 years and there'll be a press conference tomorrow.
Didgi
Squall
Squall

I hope it's true. ALso the fields where Billy watched his dad play for Innisfail Leprechauns, ran water and played his junior league have been named the Billy Slater fields.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote: Apparently it's worth $1.6 million for 4 years and there'll be a press conference tomorrow.
If that's true then does that take him through to 2012 or 2013?

Also can someone please confirm how long Sika Manu is contracted for?

Cheers
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Souce - Herald Sun - February 09, 2009
Skipper Cameron Smith recently signed a new deal that will take him through to 2012, while internationals Greg Inglis (2012), Cooper Cronk (2013), Dallas Johnson (2011), Jeff Lima (2011), Adam Blair (2011) and Sika Manu (2011) have all penned long-term deals along with NSW Origin winger Anthony Quinn (2011) and prop Brett White (2010).
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote: Souce - Herald Sun - February 09, 2009
Skipper Cameron Smith recently signed a new deal that will take him through to 2012, while internationals Greg Inglis (2012), Cooper Cronk (2013), Dallas Johnson (2011), Jeff Lima (2011), Adam Blair (2011) and Sika Manu (2011) have all penned long-term deals along with NSW Origin winger Anthony Quinn (2011) and prop Brett White (2010).
It would therefore be really really appreciated if the signing page could be updated to reflect this.

Thank you in anticipation.  :)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this was in the local innisfail newspaper
Attachments
BILLYS OWN OVEL.jpg
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The naming of the field was done late last year.