Still going on

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL judiciary members will this month undergo urgent mediation with Melbourne CEO Brian Waldron in a bid to prevent their ongoing dispute going to court.

Through solicitor Andrew O'Brien, a mediation has been planned between Waldron and panel members Darrell Williams, Darren Britt and Royce Ayliffe.

Waldron will represent Storm coach Craig Bellamy, who will not attend. An independent third party to attend has not yet been decided.

NRL chief executive David Gallop hoped the case would be dropped after Waldron and Bellamy finally apologised to the judiciary after an outburst over Cameron Smith's suspension through the NRL finals.

It is unknown whether the best compromise at the mediation would be an out-of-court financial settlement.

Williams said he wants the matter resolved before going to court.

"It was always preferable that we didn't end up going to court," Williams said last night.

"No one wants that. But we will be digging our heels in as far as how we were treated.

"But we are happy with the mediation."

Asked would the matter be settled if Melbourne apologised again at the mediation, Williams said: "We'll just see what happens. We won't pre-empt what they will say or how we will react.

"We'll see what answers they give and how genuine they are."

Waldron has agreed to attend the mediation.

"But I'm not in a position to comment on the matter," Waldron said. "I'll be representing Craig."

The NRL had funded the judiciary's initial legal costs but, with the apology, Gallop elected against paying for any future action.

"Mediation has been proposed as the next step," confirmed Gallop.

"I understand Brian Waldron and Craig Bellamy agree to it. Hopefully it takes place in the next few weeks."
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Some people need to build themselves a bridge methinks  :?

Talk about beating a dead horse.....they got an apology ffs!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

which they shouldnt have got.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Williams said he wants the matter resolved before going to court.
Funny about that  :evil:

Personally I'd let it go to court & let's see just how much dirty laundry gets aired.

A cleanout of the NRL/ARL is long overdue.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did like this readers comments on the Telegraphs site for the article.
Williams and go just need to move on with life. I've watched and read the comments made at the time and I'd love to see this go to court. Not one thing that was said defamed the judiciary members, it did however call in to question the governance and system of the game. If Melbourne pay one cent to Williams and co then they have gone soft and all hope for the future of the game has gone as players will have the right to sue some that coach and have media columns for their comments that call into question their style of play that could restrict that player earning an income

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Bay 6 Yobbo
Squall
Squall

50 cents to Williams and co. That still the price of a phone call? I figure they can call Ray Hadley. Maybe he gives a f#$k! Pigs the lot of them!
If they get money out of this, it is an end to free speech in sport. It could even go so far as clubs having a lawyer sift through the commentary of a game to find parts where they aren't too complimentary of a player, and suing the commentator on behalf of the player for psychological trauma caused.
And I would have to shut my mouth when opposition teams get anywhere near the OP tunnel for a fear of a writ
The only thing faster than Billy Slater is the speed at which opposition fans leave Olympic Park after they lose!
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

As Tigger said,a bridge needs to be built.Perhaps the number for their local Bunnings should be put on the table?
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cronk7 wrote: As Tigger said,a bridge needs to be built.Perhaps the number for their local Bunnings should be put on the table?
And when they are finished building it, Williams & Co could jump off it.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
Cronk7 wrote: As Tigger said,a bridge needs to be built.Perhaps the number for their local Bunnings should be put on the table?
And when they are finished building it, Williams & Co could jump off it.
Nah...the water theyd swallow would be a waste of a precious resource!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

...who said there had to be water under the bridge?? better splash when its just concrete  :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's plenty of bridges already....they just need to get over one of them.

If we build any more it will confuse the crap out of them on which one to across or jump from. Plus the government will put a toll on it so they'll complain they can't afford to across it ;)