JB After Party: This Sunday @ The Swan Hotel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As Hisense Arena (formally Vodafone) and the Function Room are unavailable this Sunday arvo, the Jim Beam After Party will be at the Swan Hotel in Richmond. Netball is being played across the road and Disney on Ice is on at Rod Laver.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Out of interest... when did Vodafone get a new name?
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: Out of interest... when did Vodafone get a new name?
According to Wiki, it was today:
On May 12, 2008 it was announced that from July 1, 2008, Vodafone Arena will be renamed Hisense Arena in a multi-million dollar six year deal.

The new name reminds me of that lady from Keeping Up Appearances
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hisense makes me think of a japanese car company
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not much point going to the Swan  :icon_frown:

if you get more than 20 people in there - It's FULL  :icon_frown:

Like the last time it was 'At the Swan' - ZERO appearance from players  :icon_frown:

Another apology to my neighbours son  ](*,)

Last home game - Sorry kid No autographs coz the players never showed till 11:30 & we had to catch a train  :'(

This week - Sorry again kid - The players never even showed this time  :'(

Maybe you should try another code  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

No chance with the AFL teams Ratty, you'd have to pay a bloody fortune on top of your membership to even get near their social clubs and then you're not guaranteed the players will appear at all, if ever  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I can't understand why the club doesn't send over the players who didn't play for us eg 18th man or others that I have seen in the stands that day, I can understand that the condition of the players is paramount and I have no problem with them doing rehab after the game. Heres an idea the club could try,  have the ice bath in Vodawhatitsname Arena so the players can do rehab and speak to the supporters at the same time.... Opps maybe not drool from the women would probably warm the temp of the ice bath, right Tigger........................................
I am back again.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: hisense makes me think of a japanese car company
Arent they the brand name of a chinese made LCD / Plasma TV's?
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And of course those Poor Cheerleaders need to warm down as well so we could have them use the ice bath as well.......
I am back again.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

grey sub wrote: And of course those Poor Cheerleaders need to warm down as well so we could have them use the ice bath as well.......
i doubt there are enough ice baths for the cheerleaders to use, they can use the bath at my house. im just doing my part to support the storm  ;D
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

grey sub wrote: drool from the women would probably warm the temp of the ice bath, right Tigger........................................
Nah Subbie, I'm not into the younguns  :P  But if a certain older man by the name of Geoff Raines (former player and massively huge spunk bubble from Richmond) was in an ice bath I'd swan dive into that!!  ;-) :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Didn't we have this discussion about post match functions not too long ago? Somebody from the Storm replied here and made a mention of checking with the club why the players don't attend them as they used to.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the answer was sent out in an email Thunderstruck... it's all about recovery.

The last social club at the Swan was great.  And the players were there, had a chat with Cronk and Lima, and there were others walking around too.  I'm happy!  Sunday arvo at the Swan! lol

Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote: No chance with the AFL teams Ratty, you'd have to pay a bloody fortune on top of your membership to even get near their social clubs and then you're not guaranteed the players will appear at all, if ever  ;-)
Not really.I'm a Collingwood member,can always get into the Lexus Centre after a game if I want to go,and I only pay $300 a year for my membership.Every time I've been there,atleast 2 players have been there.

Problem with players at these things is that the 2-3 hours after a game are critical in terms of recovery and warming down.Any player sustaining an injury due to insufficent post game care because he attended a social club event for even half an hour just isnt worth it in the long run.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't bother walking up to the Swan today... club should have spoken to the Precinct - a Storm fan friendly pub and just up the road!