Rd 16 Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Starting team:
1. Steve Turner
2. Brett Anderson
3. Joseph Tomane
4. Jeremy Smith
5. Sam Joe
6. Matt Geyer
7. Cooper Cronk ©
8. Jeff Lima
9. Russ Aitken
10. Scott Anderson
11. Antonio Kaufusi
12. Sika Manu
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Liam Foran, 15. Kevin Proctor, 16. Aiden Tolman, 17. Clifford Manua, 18. Sinbad Kali, 19. Lucas Miller.

U/20's

1. Josh Jerome
2. Malo Feterika
3. Trent Walker
4. Zeb Tawha
5. Michael Faamausili
6. Luke Kelly
7. Gareth Widdop
8. Vili Faingaa
9. Jay Aston
10. Pulou Vaituutuu
11. Louis Fanene
12. Lawrence Nathan
13. Darcy Etrich

Interchange:
14. James Woolford, 15. Will Naitoro, 16. Matt Croker, 17. Theo Stuart.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We will be there on my hunt to find my friend FITZY again! I'm coming to get you!!  :D :D :D

Come and join us in general admission as such, you can't miss us, will have the big banner and flags flying, and the security there are always helpful as they hate FITZY too!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

bunnies wrote: We will be there on my hunt to find my friend FITZY again! I'm coming to get you!!  :D :D :D

Come and join us in general admission as such, you can't miss us, will have the big banner and flags flying, and the security there are always helpful as they hate FITZY too!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D
Southern or Northern end?

It's such a stupid stadium that once you go in one end you can't move to the other one.
And don't get me started on the fact you can see the screen outside the ground but not when you sit in front of i!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Christabella

Southern end ie the pool end. I think our end is non alcohol too- sorry to those who like to have a bevvy or two at the game!

It has been a while since our boys played there, the last game I went to was a Bunnies one!

See you Sunday!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy  :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
samo
Squall
Squall

storm paying $8 at the TAB, would love a piece of that

samo

GO THE STORM, GO THE UPSET
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: Starting team:
1. Steve Turner
2. Brett Anderson
3. Joseph Tomane
4. Jeremy Smith
5. Sam Joe
6. Matt Geyer
7. Cooper Cronk ©
8. Jeff Lima
9. Russ Aitken
10. Scott Anderson
11. Antonio Kaufusi
12. Sika Manu
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Liam Foran, 15. Kevin Proctor, 16. Aiden Tolman, 17. Clifford Manua, 18. Sinbad Kali, 19. Lucas Miller.

ive never seen so much yellow on NRL:teams before lol, only coops and lima have kept there spot
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The youngens are giving it their all but we are being absolutely sodomised by the ref.  :x
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Agreed Dani, but at least we're already doing better than the Tits game  ;-)

I do hate the Nine telecasts tho, so many bloody ads  :x
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Glad I'm not the only one pissed off with the ref and all the ads!Atleast we've given it a real go.That's all we can ask.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Okay, my take on the game. Brett Anderson, what is he paid for? The ref? Why is it the a soft touch by a defender on the kicker results in a penalty but when Cronk is chasing his own kick and is clearly taken out in the chase it's play on instead of a penalty to us? Kaufusi? Pretty clear why Storm are happy for him to talk to other teams. Storm juniors? A lot of guts and determination by them, unfortunate not to get the points today.

Lastly, why the lima lima lima duck are the byes AFTER the SOO clash?!? That now is three games that technically we should be morals. Instead we are 3rd, 4th depending on tomorrow night's game.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

As far as I'm concerned that was our win!!! Bullshite reffing!!!!  Penalty try and the 'held up' which wasn't!!!!  We would have won by 6 even if we'd missed the kicks!!!!
I hate the ref, I hate the video ref, I hate Parra, I hate the Parra crowd, I hate Nine, I hate that we didn't win and I hate that our young guys had to have such crap to deal with!!!!!!  :x :x :x

But I LOVE that the guys out there today did what they did and gave that other mob a bloody scare!!!!  ;D
Good farkin on em!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We got hammered by that ref! Disgraceful.

Great effort, we really deserved the win imo. Didn't it used to be if you hit the kicker HIGH its a pen? Now you just touch them and they give a penalty wtf!?  Hope the coaches have a word after the game, unbelievable how bad it was.

Yes im whinging about the ref after a loss but after watching that rubbish it's called for!  :x  I think we got ONE penalty in the field of play (the sin bin), all the others were for obstruction and from the video ref.

And I also think you need to cut some slack for channel nine and ad's, at least they showed it live for once! Well done Ch 9!
Last edited by cam on Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone confirm if that held up "try" that was given was a try? I missed the replay... was it clear that it was a try?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And the Golden Globe  for taking a dive goes to..........Brett Finch  :evil:

IMHO An honest & deserving team was today denied victory by a team obviously coach to milk penalties at ever opportunity.

Parramatta - a skillful & professional outfit - PLEASE !! Give me a bucket to chuck in  :pukeright:

NRL.com
Parramatta did little to convince those doubting their NRL premiership credentials as they struggled to beat an understrength Melbourne 24-22 at Parramatta Stadium.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

cam wrote: Can someone confirm if that held up "try" that was given was a try? I missed the replay... was it clear that it was a try?
I only saw the one replay but from that it definitely deserved a look at by the video ref.