We are LIVE on NINE this Sunday arvo!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yep. You have read it correctly, the Parramatta v Melbourne clash will be LIVE on Channel 9 from 3.00pm. No AFL on FTA
this Sunday arvo, so Nine have decided to show us at a decent time of day instead of those Late night replays which are just full of ad breaks. The only bad thing is we wont have a full strentgh team on the park and the Eels will be looking for their first win over the Storm at Parramatta Stadium since March 31,2001 when they smashed us 42-18.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
d_wyatt
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Live into Melbourne? Cause that'd be so good!
Although the score could possibly be the same as the one mentioned above!
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

IT'S LIVE INTO MELBOURNE TOO!!! :D :D :D
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wooo-hoooo, how great is it that Melbourne will be able to tune in and see how inept we are.

Great promotion for League
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Live?  Ouch - what a double edged sword.

Dont get me wrong - I'm happy to watch the game live, but this is hardly going to be a show piece for the NRL is it?

Its a reserve grade team with the exception of a few forwards and Cronk and they are facing a likely touch up.  The game will be played at Parra in front of a dissapointing home crowd attendance (I doubt they'll get over 10,000).

Show case of NRL - I think not.

Why couldnt they show any other of the Storm's 21 games!  That would impress the viewers now wouldnt it?  I can just imagine the intrigued viewer this weekend - he/she's heard all about the Storm of late, and tunes in, then in puzzled to understand exactly WHY so many of the Storm players are being RESTED for another game somewhere else the following week.

Its ridiculous.  Is it me - but is this season so full of cockups and administration bungles  - hardly fitting for a 100 year centenary celebration.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Noa Nandruku wrote: Wooo-hoooo, how great is it that Melbourne will be able to tune in and see how inept we are.

Great promotion for League
I would suggest thats the plan exactly. It'll just back-up channel neins argument that NRL doesn't rate in Melbourne.

At least I'll be able to watch it LIVE at home for once this season  :)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great result that 9 are giving it a go, but like has been said, unfortunate that it is a game where we will be missing 9 players again taking a lot of the excitement out of the game for non believers!
Still, better than nothing, we can't complain when we get live coverage!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

When it comes to Nine,take what you can get when you can get it!!!
I told everyone who'd listen at work today lol
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Amazing news!!!

I had hoped but didn't expect it to be true until I read it about 30 minutes ago.  ;D
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think this is an appalling decision!  I'm not happy about it one bit! :evil:

Surely CH9 realised that the Storm are the most represented club in this year's Origin series, so why schedule this Storm game on FTA TV, let alone a live telecast if that is indeed the case!?!  How is that going to be a good promotion for the game or the Storm??  We've had just two Friday night games all year, but they decide to showcase our under 20's instead...  ???

I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong, but only Eels fans and Storm-haters are going to enjoy watching a massacre of the under 20's Storm on Sunday... why not use the opportunity to give the Warriors their second FTA CH9 game for the year!!

I agree with Diehard_Storm - this year of celebration for the centenary of Rugby League is farcical, and the NRL and CH9 continue to prove what a complete bunch of incompetent twits they really are! :roll:
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

It won't be a massacre.

The Storm as usual will perform well despite the overwhelming odds.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We'll see I guess - I know the young guys will try their hearts out, but they'll be in the ring in the wrong weight class...
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'll be happy as long as they give it a red hot go - and I'm absolutely sure they will try their hearts out!  :D

As for the game being shown live on FTA, the commentators will surely be talking up the fact that our team will consist of a large majority of under 20's players, that in itself should show 'newbies' we've got a whole club with heart.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got a funny feeling about this game. Not saying I think we'll win, but I have a feeling the 2nd string side will have beniftted from playing two full games with each other and will put on a very decent performance on Sunday.
I'd like to see them go for broke and try to run through a few points. I hope the coaching staff don't shut down the game and try to limit the damage. I'd rather the kids learn by playing attacking footy and wracking up 18 points and losing by 30 than doing what we did against the Titans and lose by 18, but not even look like bothering the scoreboard attendant.
2012 premiers. Legit.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm saying we'll win, no doubt in my mind. I'm putting a couple of durry's on 12+.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT