Quick vid of our new stadium.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I found this video off youtube of the rendering of what our new stadium will look like. I don't know if someone has already posted this on here before. Sadly it shows it set up for soccer instead of league.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3F67bsJwvyE
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It looks like something you'd bring to a cake stall...

Im sure the opposition are going to dread coming to 'the jumping castle'
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://youtube.com/watch?v=joT_Z1DUedU

found that too

cory parker isnt so bright lmao i love that add
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Personally I was kinda hoping the soccer players wouldn't sign to be a tennant so we'd have the stadium to ourselves.
Although I agree it's the right thing to do (relocate) I'm going to miss Olympic park. It has a lot of history and memories for us. I guess you must move with the times though.
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

looks ok how many is it going to hold
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

31,000. I do hope they change their minds about the design of the covering of the seats. It looks like a bubble bath.
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

looks like it goes with the new storm man being made of marshmallows
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wonder how many more fans there will be just on account of better facilites.
Imagine having 25,000 or more and 99.99999% storm fans!!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we win a premiership then follow it with a good season, that would sustain  a lot of new fans. A lot of Melbournians, need to realise that just because you lend your support to league, doesn't mean you're abondoning Aussie rules. Storm aren't trying to "take over" anything. Too many Aussie rules fans have a negative view of Melbourne Storm when they've done nothing wrong to the AFL. In fact it's a case of the AFL f_ _king over the Storm.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I always get the impression that the AFL are paranoid.
I dont know too much about AFL except for the fact that if you play AFL you cant play for Australia!

Souths are putting up a fight against Manly. (45 min)
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You don't play AFL because AFL is a competition, not a sport. You play Aussie rules. But yes I agree, they're acting paranoid.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Finally saw some decent earth works on Friday night - a really big hole! Big enough to put some of the Parra players actually! :) They might actually start building the thing soon!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote: Finally saw some decent earth works on Friday night - a really big hole! Big enough to put some of the Parra players actually! :) They might actually start building the thing soon!
Could put some of their supporters in there too, like the ones I was sitting near last Friday night, that would be a good start LMAO - oh yeah, and stick bloody Shitzgerald in there too, do rugby league & the rest of the world a favour! ;-)  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i was reading threads from like 2005 or something before and everyone was getting excited about OP getting a make over for the com games that were comming up in like 2 years from then.
and i was wondering why we arent that excited any more

meh oh well  ;D
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: i was reading threads from like 2005 or something before and everyone was getting excited about OP getting a make over for the com games that were comming up in like 2 years from then.
and i was wondering why we arent that excited any more

meh oh well  ;D
Nacho, we promise to be excited next year, once we can see progress being made on the new stadium. Until then it's just a promise that the state government will build it.

Remember this stadium was announced around the same time as the Gold Coast's new stadium was announced, there's should be ready for the start of next season and ours is just a "really big hole" in the ground.