Storm v Bunnies @ Gosford

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I forgot to mention too - Maxwell is a disgrace of a ref.  Just once I'd like to have seen the second rabbit marker square or back the 10.  They constantly floated in between, and only twice penalised for it.  Both times the player was shocked to be penalised, because he had let them do it all night
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote: ....
For the bunnies - how good was Rogers pass for the first try????  My god, that was amazing - I can't recall a better pass
And definately was the reason there was a gap in the defense for the try..... Gotta forgive (Quinn?) for the "missread".
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
pommy storm
Squall
Squall

up untill last night I thought Maxwell was probably the best ref this year, i repeat UNTLL LAST NIGHT.
He missed a lot of things, what about the knock-on by smith and and there was another on on the souths goal line, can't remember who it was. Hoffman was spewing

I think Jeremy smith is getting better and better each week.
I have said previously geyer is not a 5/8
Thought will chambers looked good last night, more confident then in his first game.
Blair looking good,back to the form toward the end of last season.
clint newton doing good things if not flash things.
Quinn, gave him the benefit of the doubt early on but surley would not be in the side if not for injuries.

A win is a win. :lol:
When the red, red robin goes bob,bob,bobin'
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chalk up another 2 points people.

Souths are no push over - and we had a completely unfamiliar halves pairing - not too mention a number of key players missing or backing up from Origin.

To play below par, yet come back from 8-nil down to win is a gutsy, gutsy win.  Stuff like this builds character.

In reality - we had a try disallowed, blew another sure thing to Zappa, and had to battle the ref all night.  However, our completion rate was great, we missed very few tackles, and made a low number of errors.  Our attack (in particular) our kicking game in the opposition 30m was poor.  A bit of focus at training and she'll be right for next week.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I did get there, sorry I missed people, but I didn't see anyone so I settled in the corner near a couple of local Storm fans.
Had a pretty good night. :D

Despite what the comentators had to say, I thought most of Storm's work was pretty good - right side defence was a bit loose and we had nothing in last tackle options. Most of the fifth tackle kicks were shocking.

Tigger, surely you heard me in the second half when we were attacking inside the 10? I'm sure Maxwell did....

2 points to us, credit to the Bunnies and nothing to the gimps in the yellow shirts (except some well deserved questions as to the whereabouts of their guide dogs - I swear Chechin is getting worse).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Wasn't the greatest of games but at least my young cousin enjoyed himself.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: ....
For the bunnies - how good was Rogers pass for the first try????  My god, that was amazing - I can't recall a better pass
And definately was the reason there was a gap in the defense for the try..... Gotta forgive (Quinn?) for the "missread".
The Bunnies always have a knack of scoring freak tries against us.  They must practice these party tricks whenever they play against us.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No doubt the pass put him in the hole, but I don't see why Quinn felt the need to push in.  Roy had him Rogers covered, but Quinn slid in and left the gap. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
glynny
Squall
Squall

It was the most frustrating game to be at especially after the drive up. It seemed like every time we got on a roll a decison seemed to always put us on the back foot again. But having said that a win with all the injuries we had just proves to all those doubters of ours that we can win away form home without some of our stars.
Go the mighty storm.
Danica Jane
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I was pretty impressed by the bunnies long passes out of the field!

It was nice to see Belly having a laugh on the big screen at Billy dodgy kicks!
You've got to quit your little charade and JOIN THE FREAK PARADE!