Eddie On 3AW

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well I missed it this morning but he recons that he has hada meeting with the NRL and he is changing things, Sure Eddie they are only words I have heard them before and empty promises are crap, I am sick of listening to empty promises eg the state government and the new stadium......How do you know if eddies lying his lips are moving............ Same as bracks......
I am back again.
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Changing things for the worse probably.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was going to say that I'll believe it when I see it but then I remember the Round 1 game being televised live against the gate whilst our Grand Final re-match played interstate was relegated to the graveyard shift, ie midnight.

It might happen once if we are lucky and then that's where the lip service ends.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote: I was going to say that I'll believe it when I see it but then I remember the Round 1 game being televised live against the gate whilst our Grand Final re-match played interstate was relegated to the graveyard shift, ie midnight.

It might happen once if we are lucky and then that's where the lip service ends.
Lip service that gets us no where we all know that...........
I am back again.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Channel 9 has no excuse. They have no more football rights anymore, so why don't they start showing NRL live? Are they afraid of taking ratings away from the other networks? I think not. Storm are averaging 12,000 each match. It's definently boom time for them. Footy is treated much kinder in NSW/QLD than NRL is treated in VIC. I mean they try not to make games conflict, so people can still watch the Swans as well. Our home final against Parramatta, they deliberately put the Collingwood game on the same day, to take the crowds away. It was supposed to be our day and it wasnt going to hurt the AFL at all.
lotti

I know, the Swans and the Lions have it better than us, even though there's a Swans game and a NRL game in Sydney next week it won't effect fans of either team unless you're a Swans/Bulldogs or a Swans/Sharks fan.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I dunno if Eddie is a liar, Surandy. In his first year as Collingwood president he promised changes and he did. He bought them their first wooden spoon in 23 years that year! Lol.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With Gary Pert being the Head of Channel 9 Melbourne, and being a mate of Eddies and on the Collingwood board, no wonder the Storm were treated with contempt.

Hopefully they'll replace Pert with someone with half a brain, who is not anti-Storm.  Kind of makes selling your product hard when they leave it in the storeroom rather than putting it on the shelves.
lotti

naybe they should hire Ribot or maybe an ex-Storm player.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lotti wrote: naybe they should hire Ribot or maybe an ex-Storm player.
In the words of the famous movie "The CASTLE"  Tell her shes dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am back again.
lotti

I know I am but at least with an ex-player we could get better coverage because they'll have the club's best interest at heart, unlike Eddiew Mcguire who has Collingwood's best interest at heart.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

sliat_1981 wrote: I dunno if Eddie is a liar, Surandy. In his first year as Collingwood president he promised changes and he did. He bought them their first wooden spoon in 23 years that year! Lol.
And when Channel Nein lost the AFL rights Eddie said that Nein would attack 7 & 10. :lol:

He just failed to leave out that he would attack 7 & 10 with a limp fish rather than a great product like Rugby League!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Even if they put it on at about 9:30 it wouldnt be so bad. How would they like it if NSW and QLD put Aussie rules on at 12 or later? I mean, Victoria will always be an Aussie rules state, but you would think they'd be able to give people an alternative if they wish. Its not like it will thrash the AFL games in ratings. Its nice for the people who's teams are not playing that night or are not playing well to watch the Melbourne Storm have success.
Ego McGuire wont help NRL, he only cares about his crappy Collingwog.
Last edited by sliat_1981 on Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Diehard_Storm wrote: With Gary Pert being the Head of Channel 9 Melbourne, and being a mate of Eddies and on the Collingwood board, no wonder the Storm were treated with contempt.

Hopefully they'll replace Pert with someone with half aNO brain, who is not anti-Storm.  Kind of makes selling your product hard when they leave it in the storeroom rather than putting it on the shelves.
Les Downs  :o
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I understand the State of Origin will be telecast on 9 from 9.30 next Weds.Thoughts?