How can we make a statement about 9 at the game this week?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
pommy storm
Squall
Squall

tdcockers wrote:
AAS wrote:
pommy storm wrote: How about a double whammy and advertise one of neins competitors.

NRL In Melbourne is.......

'Not on the List!!!!'

Thanks Eddie??

:lol: :D

This is my pick
ditto, that is very, very clever. getting it shown will be more of an issue, i guess.

could we use the other stations media outside the ground to cover it for us? in bris at least, i expect that there will be cameras from most of the stations there, and a few well -directed emails saying that something was going down would probably help....
Ta very muchly O:) :thumbright:
When the red, red robin goes bob,bob,bobin'
Goat
Squall
Squall

Your anger should be directed towards Foxsports for not showing the game . . . Nine is a commercial network and they will do what is in their interest.  They didn't promise to show all the games, did they?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Foxtel can only show games on Friday's AFTER Nine have shown em - Nine hold the broadcast rights to the NRL.  Of course we wont direct anger to Foxsports - it's not their fault Nine are arseholes!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Goat
Squall
Squall

And Nine won't show the game against the AFL cos they get belted every time.  Oh well, what can you do?  I would be glad to sit up and watch the Hawthorn play on 9 at midnite every week, stop whinging lol
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Goal wrote: And Nine won't show the game against the AFL cos they get belted every time.  Oh well, what can you do?  I would be glad to sit up and watch the Hawthorn play on 9 at midnite every week, stop whinging lol
If they get belted in the ratings then they've got nothing to lose yeah?  Nine own the rights to show NRL games - the "N" is supposed to stand for National ...
Goat
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote:
Goal wrote: And Nine won't show the game against the AFL cos they get belted every time.  Oh well, what can you do?  I would be glad to sit up and watch the Hawthorn play on 9 at midnite every week, stop whinging lol
If they get belted in the ratings then they've got nothing to lose yeah?  Nine own the rights to show NRL games - the "N" is supposed to stand for National ...
Nothing to lose?  What about $$$? lol
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And you reckon showing a ten year old movie is gonns win the ratings for nine then? I couldnt give a stuff for most afl games if my teams not playing especially if an interstate team is playing. I am sure a large amount of the victorian public would be more than happy to watch rugby league as an alternative
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

What are you talking about? Advertising dollars??  The Storm games rate much higher than movie repeats - more people watching = better odds for advertisers!  Again I say, they have nothing to lose by showing our game against the AFL - or are they worried it'll rate closer to AFL than they want to admit ........   Then they'd have to concede Storm has ratings pull here.
Goat
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: What are you talking about? Advertising dollars??  The Storm games rate much higher than movie repeats - more people watching = better odds for advertisers!  Again I say, they have nothing to lose by showing our game against the AFL - or are they worried it'll rate closer to AFL than they want to admit ........   Then they'd have to concede Storm has ratings pull here.
Guys let it go, the west tigers game rated less than that airline show they put on with the whingeing poms.  We need more members that'll get their attention.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Goal - welcome to our little forum  :D
Discussion about all things Storm is great but please don't imagine you can just rock up and start making all sorts of comments and expect to have them taken as 'gospel'  :lol:
You're making all sorts of comments and you're not really coming across well - we all know Storm needs more members but that's not the only thing which will 'get attention'.  Ratings speak for themselves and the Grand Final figures and SoO last year show Storm and the NRL has a strong following in Melbourne.
Goat
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: Goal - welcome to our little forum  :D
Discussion about all things Storm is great but please don't imagine you can just rock up and start making all sorts of comments and expect to have them taken as 'gospel'  :lol:
You're making all sorts of comments and you're not really coming across well - we all know Storm needs more members but that's not the only thing which will 'get attention'.  Ratings speak for themselves and the Grand Final figures and SoO last year show Storm and the NRL has a strong following in Melbourne.
Thank you.

I'm just a bit of a realist, there is no way a third of ppl watched the GF in Melbourne last year . . . people fudge figures all the time.

The state of origin was between a nsw and qld team  . . .  so I guess most of the fans were probably interstaters . . .

This is what I would be thinking if I was at 9.  How many fans did we get to the game last week? 9000? Ok. Why would I put up a football game with 9000 fans against a football game with 45000 fans?  It's putting like against like, and a weaker like against a stronger like, if you like :) whereas if you go with a chick flick you will get another audience entirely and you can compete.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have a theory that "Goal" is really Eddie!! :)

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

bunnies wrote: I have a theory that "Goal" is really Eddie!! :)

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Either that or he's finally learned to spell ...  ;-)
Goat
Squall
Squall

yeah i'm eddie the antichrist.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz

Time to do something here!!

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!