Pubs Showing the Game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mmer2
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi I just stumbled across this website  -  good to see Storm have an online presence

Does anyone know of any pubs that will be broadcasting the Storm/Raiders game this Sat? Any place that we can chat to a few other Storm supporters would be great...

Much appreciated,

mmer2
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Welcome mmer2
I believe the Rising Sun Hotel on the corner of Burnley and Swan Street in Richmond is the pub of choice for all Storm fans (Look for the Storm sign right on the corner of the hotel). 

I'v personally never been to the RSH on (away) game day
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Welcome mmer2.

Where to watch the game? This weekend most pubs with pay tv will most likely put the game on if you ask as there is no AFL on. As S2V mentioned the Rising Sun Hotel in Richmond used to be an alright place to watch the game and used to get quite a few Storm supporters even Storm players not in the 17 sometimes turned up, haven't been there for a while so no idea if they are still any good.

Vaucluse was another one in Richmond. There's some pub in Prahran but I don't know the name, Charles Dickens in the city, Victoria Inn in Williamstown was quite accommodating for me last year.
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Quarry Hotel in Brunswick always has it on one of their televisions.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rising Sun Hotel on Swan St Richmond is THE place to go.  It actually puts NRL on prime of place, rather than a small tv in the corner, with the sound down!
mmer2
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks to all for the replies...

May head to the Rising sun - I've also heard Puggs Mahoneys will air the game.... anyone heading there?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Charles Dickens in the city is great for SOO matches. :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just confirmed that the Rising Sun will be showing the game live.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Diehard_Storm wrote: Rising Sun Hotel on Swan St Richmond is THE place to go.  It actually puts NRL on prime of place, rather than a small tv in the corner, with the sound down!
It must have changed since I last went there as AFL had prime of place in the main bar, except when the bistro was booked for a function. Also, for non-Storm games if you were lucky all you got was the small tv in the corner with the sound down.