Anyone posting results of Storm v Tits?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Here is where I would try and do a match report.

However, I have never sat that far away from a game since the heady days of ANZ.  Very few of the players could be recognised from where we had positioned outselves under the scoreboard.  It also didn't help that some of the players were not wearing the same jersey's as programmed, one Storm player even came on in the second half without a number on his back at all!!

Aside from the game, all I can say is, yet another provincial town that can't get it's act together when the NRL teams come to town!  How long had they known this game was on?  The food had run out before the gaame had even kicked off.  Do they still learn to count in school in NSW?!? Hmm, let's see, 'we've sold a few thousand tickets...a couple of pies in the pie warmer and we should be right...'  The count of 12,000 at the game though, smells very fishy.  I would have placed it about 7,000 max.

To the game.

Realisitically, it was the Storm all game.  Everytime the boys had the ball there was a surge down field.  Turner had an early break down the sideline and was bundles into touch just short of the try line.  The touchies certainly had their work cut out for them last night, flags going up, all up and down the sideline.  Methinks the wingers, their and ours, should re-acquaint themselves with the dimensions of the field.

Matt Rua was impressive in his comeback to NRL footy, and with a bit more match fitness will be an added bonus to the pack.  There was some hard yards made up the middle of the field, but the busts were all down the sideline.  Greg Inglis sometime floating a little wider that the average half, but to be expected in his early incarnation of the world's best five-eighth.  And I would love to tell you who it was that threw the sweet inside ball to Billy whose speed carved up the middle of the field late in the game, but they were too far away :(

All in all, the Titans never really looked the goods, and I think Melbourne were always expected to win this one.  Though I would have liked to have seen a Titans team with Prince, Campbell and Bailey, if not just to get a real guage of our pre-season form.  The Titans only try came from a kick.  So the D is looking good so far.
*Champagne football*
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote:This line has me a bit worried.  Storm drew 12,000 at Coffs Harbour against a team of Queensland Cup second stringers.  While I have high hopes that our crowd attendnces will be strong this year, and it's arguable that part of the crowd could have made the long drive down from the Gold Coast, hopefully the Storm will get better turnouts than that at our home games.
Given how close the game was to the GC, I'd be more worried about what that says about their crowd prospects in 2007 if that's all they can get to their first trial against what has been widely publicised as a grudge match thanks to Searle's big mouth and incompetence.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fampa wrote:And I would love to tell you who it was that threw the sweet inside ball to Billy whose speed carved up the middle of the field late in the game, but they were too far away :(
Thanks for the game report Fampa, much appreciated. As for the pass to Billy, the Storm site credited that to Sika Manu (in fact they even credited him with the try as well).
Billy Slater rounded out the scoring, grabbing his customary try after a great pass from another first-timer, Sika Manu.

STORM 32 (Tries: Chambers 2, Johnson, Quinn, Tagataese, Manu; Goals: C. Smith 4) def. TITANS 6 (Tries: Walker; Goals: Walker)
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks for the update, Fampa.

I believe itg was Sika Manu that threw the last pass to Billy - it was a corker (reminded me of a Scott Hill special).

I just saw 30 seconds of footage on foxsports and have a couple of questions for those who were in attendance:

1.  Was Scott Anderson playing?  I'm pretty sure I saw him make an initial bust, pass to Greg who threw a prayer to Geyer, who then gave up to someone (either Will Chambers or Sam T Im unsure) to sprint to score

2.  How was Slater?  Was he tested under the highball, and more importantly, was returning the ball at speed and at the line (as opposed to passing off)

3.  Did Inglis put any kicks in play?  If so, how'd he go?

The other observation I would make is the Titans uniforms...I must say they look great.  Bright, colourful and certainly better than most other teams' designs.  When is Cronulla going to get a decent home jersey?  The are without doubt the ugliest jersey Ive ever seen, and they need to get with the times.  West's trial jersey also left a lot to be desired.

Thats my 20 cents.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:Given how close the game was to the GC, I'd be more worried about what that says about their crowd prospects in 2007 if that's all they can get to their first trial against what has been widely publicised as a grudge match thanks to Searle's big mouth and incompetence.
Good point. 

That said, I wonder if they organised buses.  It's a bit of a stretch to get large numbers of fans driving their own cars given that it's a 650km round trip from Surfers to Coffs and petrol is still over $1 a litre even in queensland.

On another note, is anyone organising a motorcade or a bus for the trip to Suncorp Stadium in Round 7 (end April)?  I know this isn't the right thread, but do such things get organised at all (let alone here)?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Our crowds trial will be In 2 weeks.

Sounds like the Strom had a solid hitup.

No injuries so alls well.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And for those wanting to know if Bunnies gave it to Searle - YES and in fine style...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm007 wrote: And for those wanting to know if Bunnies gave it to Searle - YES and in fine style...
Did she get close to him at all?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Wouldn't have mattered Surandy - he would have heard Bunnies even if he was on the other side of the ground I'm betting  ;-)
That's why we luv her  :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Diehard_Storm wrote: Thanks for the update, Fampa.

1.  Was Scott Anderson playing?  I'm pretty sure I saw him make an initial bust, pass to Greg who threw a prayer to Geyer, who then gave up to someone (either Will Chambers or Sam T Im unsure) to sprint to score

Not sure who started the movement, but that was one of the length of the field jobs that resulted in a try to Chambers.

2.  How was Slater?  Was he tested under the highball, and more importantly, was returning the ball at speed and at the line (as opposed to passing off)

Slater didn't get much ball that I could see, but he was pretty exciting when he linked up in the middle of the field.  A couple of almost busts, but there was no high ball from the Titans to speak of.  Certainly no errors in kick returns that I could see.

3.  Did Inglis put any kicks in play?  If so, how'd he go?

He was kicking in general play.  In fact he sent a mother of a bomb up in the air.  Highest I've seen for a long, long time.

*Champagne football*
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks again Fampa.

Just seen Sports Tonight - and pretty sure it was Scott Anderson who made that bust - He wasnt named in the squad nor was Israel Falou, but both seemed to have played.

Will Chambers seems like quite possibly our find of this season.  He might prove serious competition for a wing spot, and push Israel for Rookie of the Year honours...and thats just after one game.

Bring on Manly
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dateline Sunday 18th Feb 2007
After a long night at a wedding in Charlton,followed by a short,hot,uncomfortable night in a hotel,(country pub) room I drag myself to the communal lounge with a really sick head  #-o Breakfast is a disgusting thought :puke:
There's a Sunday program on the TV.The news ticker at the bottom of the screen scrolls around to reveal "NRL trial scores...............................
Storm 32 defeat Titans 6
I suddenly feel WONDERFUL !! Breakfast tastes WONDERFUL !! Even the sunburn didn't hurt,(for a while  ;D )
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storm007 wrote: And for those wanting to know if Bunnies gave it to Searle - YES and in fine style...
;D Good on ya Bunnies! We luv ya!

Wish i could have been there to see it.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:
Yes they were almost face to face as she walked passed.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm007 wrote:
Surandy wrote:
Yes they were almost face to face as she walked passed.
Damn! That must have been classic stuff! I wish I could have seen that.  :lol: :lol: :lol: