Finals Wk 1: Storm Vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well a few things this morning

First, i'm hating to see what news stories are about in a few days regarding the eels mad monday....after all, how many other mad mondays have they had this year?  :o :o

Two, fricken lucky, is all i can say on the win. Nothing to really shout about the game apart from the win. We played like crap and I think the changes at the last minute un-settled us. I also think we have seen the last of Webster this year.  :?

Three: Congrats to Mikey for his idea and for everyone else that got behind it and showed. Class and a great promotion for the club.  =D>

Four: I only thought 'The Menace' was the biggest whining botch at parra...looks like he's been holding in-house classes for the whole team.  ::) ::)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I gotta say, I was yelling out 'I'm bored' quite a bit during the game  ;)
I'm happy for the win but the excitment wasn't there, hopefully we can get that back for the next game.

I also had a go at Robbie K in the social club for saying things like 'next premiers' & 'we've got it won'  :lol: :lol: :lol:  I'm so superstitious & he's got me durn worried  ;)
Cheeky bugga!!  :lol: :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh talking about Robbie K, a big congrats to him showing up at fed sq to before the march

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yeh it was fantastic to see Robbie there. Who's idea was that? it was a great one
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just watching the replay and the first half has just finished and I'm glad we have the week off. We look tired, and many looked like they were carrying an injury. I was about to post before the replay started if Crocker played as couldn't remember he's normal playing style that gives us so many highlights.

Crowd looks great with little blank spaces along the Northern, Southern and Eastern Stands (apart from the end bays that only have 5 or so seats). Noise is good as well.

Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And whoever has the Cowbell in the Crowd - PLEASE make sure you bring it along to the Prelim final and the Grand Final if we get there. As that Melbourne Hater - Rabbits Warren seems to REALLY hate it. It comes through loud and clear in the TV telecast. (hopefully it plays havoc with his headphones) He was hoping it would be stuck somewhere quiet - except he called it a bongo drum or something stupid like that. Each time I hear him commentate on a Storm game, he keeps coming up with these snide little anti-Melbourne comments, or he seems to be MUCH more excited about our opposition's scoring chances than ours.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Smacka (C) wrote: And whoever has the Cowbell in the Crowd - PLEASE make sure you bring it along to the Prelim final and the Grand Final if we get there. As that Melbourne Hater - Rabbits Warren seems to REALLY hate it. It comes through loud and clear in the TV telecast. (hopefully it plays havoc with his headphones) He was hoping it would be stuck somewhere quiet - except he called it a bongo drum or something stupid like that. Each time I hear him commentate on a Storm game, he keeps coming up with these snide little anti-Melbourne comments, or he seems to be MUCH more excited about our opposition's scoring chances than ours.
thats too true... he's the annoying one... and to think i actually used to like it when he would commentate our games in the early years... something changed when we won the GF in 99 i think...

the 2 bells work really well with getting our chants in sync...
Evilynn
Squall
Squall

Hadley's just a wanker - he needs to be shot!  ;)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote:yeh it was fantastic to see Robbie there. Who's idea was that? it was a great one
Storm's publicity manager was supposed to call me to arrange the thundersticks to be sent over by courier to me at work on Friday but she never rang and I was flat out at work so didn't have time to call her. I guess that this was a last minute thing to send Robbie, also explains why there weren't enough of the damn things (actually that's partly my fault coz I didn't think we'd have so many people turn up).
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:D :D We have just got home and we had an absolute ball again in Melbourne!! :D :D

Loved the March, Loved the win over Parradoesn'tMatta, only disappointment was that I didn't track Fitzy down and put him in the bin I had reserved for him to throw in the Yarra!! Oh well, there is always next year!! I'm coming to get you Fitzy!! :D :D

Luke, Janice, Emma and I went for drinks at the Atrium Bar at Crown last night and who should we find, both blind but Gus the Goose Gould and Rabs Warren. Rabs didn't have a clue but Gus told us the GF is ours!! He was blind, so I don't think he even realised we were Storm, but I will go along with his theory!! :D :D

Hope to catch up with many many of you in 2 weeks time at Telstra Stadium, BRING IT ON!!! :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy!! :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smacka (C) wrote: And whoever has the Cowbell in the Crowd - PLEASE make sure you bring it along to the Prelim final and the Grand Final if we get there. As that Melbourne Hater - Rabbits Warren seems to REALLY hate it. It comes through loud and clear in the TV telecast. (hopefully it plays havoc with his headphones) He was hoping it would be stuck somewhere quiet - except he called it a bongo drum or something stupid like that. Each time I hear him commentate on a Storm game, he keeps coming up with these snide little anti-Melbourne comments, or he seems to be MUCH more excited about our opposition's scoring chances than ours.
You can rest assured that it will be up at the games here.  Stormwarning was kind enough to have the spare Cowbell down there up here mid last year for us, and it will certainly be at the ground for the Pre-lim.

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I managed to catch the game in the Greek Isles which was nice, and I was reasonably happy with the first half, but I got the feeling we came out arrogant in the second and thought the job was done.  I'm sure Bellamy would have given the boys a stern talking to after the match about that never being the case, particularly in a final where the other team is fighting for its life.  Our defence held up which was good, and thank god for Billy Slater with that last tackle.  And Cam Smith - all class
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

steaming stormer wrote: I managed to catch the game in the Greek Isles which was nice, and I was reasonably happy with the first half, but I got the feeling we came out arrogant in the second and thought the job was done.  I'm sure Bellamy would have given the boys a stern talking to after the match about that never being the case, particularly in a final where the other team is fighting for its life.  Our defence held up which was good, and thank god for Billy Slater with that last tackle.  And Cam Smith - all class
After that first comment I don't want to hear from you again - I'm jealous!  :'( ;)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just noticed that the preview I wrote and submitted for this game didn't come up on the front page this week  :(

Whats happening Buzz?
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oops - I must have missed the email notification! Sorry - I'll check it!