Scotty Hill

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I dont want to turn this into a HBA vs everyone else type of thread......

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on Scotty since being dropped to PL? I think he has gradually improved and lately is really helping the team alot.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KINGY wrote: I dont want to turn this into a HBA vs everyone else type of thread......

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on Scotty since being dropped to PL? I think he has gradually improved and lately is really helping the team alot.
Fair call
My brother pointed out that he did a great job dragging in Tigers players,then offloading.
My reply ?
Nobody doubts he has a great footy brain & skill - It's the brain explosions  :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Joel Caine number 1 fan
Squall
Squall

i would be happy too have him over at the tigers for the rest of the year  ;)
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought he has had a few good games (no more than 3) since being dropped and have said so after each game that he has played well.

Played well last night in a good team effort, which for me is what I expect to see from him and every player in a team environment.

If he played like that consistantly for the past 8 years I'd have been stoked.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He had some great efforts last night, the off load to Boofa which he scored off, great.  He just drives me crazy when he goes and does silly little passes that aren't needed or his Oppsy catch which was not a hard catch but every time he does it we seem to be at our end of the feild and it puts us under pressure.  His tackling has improved out of sight.  So in answer to your question Kingy, IMO yes he has improved but he still can be better hopefully he gets it together when we run out in the Grandfinal and he has a blinder, then I will be happy.
I am back again.
billies later
Squall
Squall

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Thought he has had a few good games (no more than 3) since being dropped and have said so after each game that he has played well.

Played well last night in a good team effort, which for me is what I expect to see from him and every player in a team environment.

If he played like that consistantly for the past 8 years I'd have been stoked.
As much as I love you like a brother SW, I just can't agree on the 'no more than 3' comment.

If that was the case, he wouldn't have been talked up in the media for being a cert for NSW game 3.  Clearly he's been very good since his return, which as you and all good judges know, is one of the reasons for our form.  Can never underestimate the halves.
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

I can honestly say the lad has been more consistant working in the team for the team.  His defence has been outstanding since being dropped.  I think he has realised that the team works well together and he doesnt have to try and do everything by himself, thus removing a few brain explosions along the way
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billies later wrote: As much as I love you like a brother SW, I just can't agree on the 'no more than 3' comment.

If that was the case, he wouldn't have been talked up in the media for being a cert for NSW game 3.  Clearly he's been very good since his return, which as you and all good judges know, is one of the reasons for our form.  Can never underestimate the halves.
Ever heard of a MEDIA BEAT UP ;)  :D :) :) :thumbleft:

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scotty was awesome against the Tigers, close to man of the match
and looking in good shape.
He was fending off guys, off loading, throwing cut out passes and they were all sticking. Awesome to watch when he plays like that.

I disagree with the 3 game comment, I think he's been pretty good
in a fair lot of games.

Got his signature on my jersey saturday night and a good photo with him
too.  :D
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been solid to good since coming back and he took it up notch against the tigers (redemption ?).

And if he fluffs a few passes, so what, he's always been a player willing to fail to succed.
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think his form has definatley improved and continues to improve since being dropped.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Secondly do you think his current form is due to being dropped or due to the fact he now knows this is his last season with the Storm and wants to end it on a high note?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think Bellamy kicking him up the arse did him a world of good.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote: Secondly do you think his current form is due to being dropped or due to the fact he now knows this is his last season with the Storm and wants to end it on a high note?
A little from column a and a little from column b.
He knows he isn't irreplaceable in the side and competition for spots always lifts a player. At the same time it would have hurt him to have missed the 1999 grand final. Every players goal is to win a premiership and this will be his last chance.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christabella wrote: A little from column a and a little from column b.
He knows he isn't irreplaceable in the side and competition for spots always lifts a player. At the same time it would have hurt him to have missed the 1999 grand final. Every players goal is to win a premiership and this will be his last chance.
Couldn't agree more on the first part and I really think it has had a flow on effect to the rest of the team, especially the younger blokes which may be part of the reason why we have are travelling the way we are.