Storm v Roosters - BRING A FRIEND TO THE GAME!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BlackAndWhite
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

STORM V ROOSTERS - Sunday 1st August 2004

BRING A FRIEND TO THE GAME

Like everyone else, I'm sick of the negative publicty the Storm get due to the size of the crowds at Olympic Park.

We all know the reasons for this (AFL, Channel 9 etc), and there isn't a great deal that we can do about most of these things, although we shouldn't give up trying.

However, the one thing we can do, is to improve the size of the crowd. Why don't we make the Roosters game on Sunday 1st August an official BRING A FRIEND TO THE GAME event.

There were just over 9,000 people at the last game. If each person can convince 1 extra person to come to the game we can double our crowd overnight!! How great would it be to have 18,000 people at Olympic Park cheering on the boys.

Surely it can't be that difficult to convince one person to accompany you to the match. So far this season, I've managed to drag six new people along to Storm games, and now they are all regular supporters.

This game is the Channel 9 game for the Sunday, so it is the perfect opportunity for us to show the doubters in NSW and QLD that the Storm have a strong future.

It's three weeks until the game, so everyone has got plenty of time to work on their friends.

Come on fellow Storm fans, our club needs us.......
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree totally. I tried that for the last game, and at one stage had 10 extra's coming. Then all of a sudden, the bloody list dropped and we actually ended up a couple short from the people that come every week.

I try to convince some people for every game anyway though
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
BlackAndWhite
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

steaming stormer wrote:I agree totally. I tried that for the last game, and at one stage had 10 extra's coming. Then all of a sudden, the bloody list dropped and we actually ended up a couple short from the people that come every week.

I try to convince some people for every game anyway though
Keep working away at them. I'm sure if we can get new people to the game, they will be hooked and they will come back.

We just need to keep plugging away.
Reenie
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'll be in Melbourne that weekend to go to the game. I'm using it as a place to catch up with friends, so hopefully quite a few of them will come along! It should be a great game and a great opportunity to show some on these 'first timers' how good an NRL game can be. Who knows, they might even come back...... especially if the atmosphere can rival a full MCG or Telstra Dome - which I know it can!!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It certainly won't help our cause if we get done by the Bulldogs on CH9 this week... but if we can beat the Roosters - a very tough task, even at home! - then we have a real shot of converting new interest into regular support (and possibly new members!).
[-o<
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Losing on 9 wouldn't have any bearing on crowds, as noone in Melb will see it anyway... what time is it on again?? Around midnight??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i'll bring a few friends. yes i do actually have some! :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

How much are seats for imaginary friends Dani :lol: :wink: :wink:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:Losing on 9 wouldn't have any bearing on crowds, as noone in Melb will see it anyway... what time is it on again?? Around midnight??
Think today's HS has it as 1am on 9 :x
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:Losing on 9 wouldn't have any bearing on crowds, as noone in Melb will see it anyway... what time is it on again?? Around midnight??
1:20am