Chris Walker

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote: Very honest and lion hearted player. Deserves a starting spot next year in my opinion, which would mean a contract extension.
Seriously are you watching the same player I am?  Chris Sally Walker????  FFS they had to have extra training sessions with the bloke to show him what a side line was and how to stay close to it after a couple of early games.  As a winger that goes walkabout and seeing oposition fly down that side he aint getting a starting berth next year!!  lucky if he gets one this year when we have full squad back. 
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

I agree not yet he needs to prove his worth me and improve more.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ryanstorm wrote: It would be good if he gets his old form which got him into Queensland back.
It would, but he'll need to work pretty hard to do that.  I hope Billy can do the same.  :)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chris Walker for Prime Minister of Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Rabble, if you are going to criticise wingers for going walk about, Chris Walker isn't the worst one in our side. I seriously think you are looking to concentrate on his faults, rather than his many more strengths.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've watching Chris Walker play footy since he was in the Broncos local high school team.  An amazing attacking player. But he will just as soon as let a try in as score one.  Even at his peak.
*Champagne football*
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

Jamie, I have no qualms about wingers coming in to take a hit up in our own half or to back up a busting run, but they have to be out wide when it matters, ie thier opposition number running down a wide open flank to cross the try line untouched.

He has great attacking flair, but i havnt seen him scrore more tries than he lets in. 

Since the adelaide game I have seen him do some brilliant tackles saving a try here and there, and belive that he has been told to keep an eye on the white line.

We dont have room in our squad to have turnstiles (like kearns a few years ago at parra, at one stage i thought he was playing cricket for australia, letting them through for the sweeper to pick up)
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

JAMIE wrote: Rabble, if you are going to criticise wingers for going walk about, Chris Walker isn't the worst one in our side. I seriously think you are looking to concentrate on his faults, rather than his many more strengths.
Too true.

He has been performing very well for us. Esp in defence :o
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Going by todays Sydney's papers - he is off to the Roosters next year
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

What?? Back to the Roosters. Shame I dont mind him as a backup.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

he doesn't want to be a backup, will he get a permanent spot in the roosters starting line up if he goes there?
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Does he have a problem with Finch???
I am back again.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Everyone has a problem with Finch
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Ron Supwood
Squall
Squall

I am not a Walker fan however his effort and endeavour cannot be faulted this year. I would be suprised if he returned to the Roosters as he was banished to Premier league about this time last year and told he would not be offered another contract. He copped an absolute pasting for his performances in the 2004 finals. Maybe Ricky Stuart had some good reports fom Bellamy.

Do not expect to see him at either the Broncos or Rabbits.
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

If he is serious about his career he should stay at Melbourne Storm because there isn't much publicity down here which does him good. Though he has his girlfriend Kate Ritchie to consider.