3 Friday night home games in a row

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bulldogs then Broncos and now the Sharks will be a Friday night game on July 21. Whats going on we don't get a go for ages and now 3 Friday nights in 5 weeks and 3 home games in a row. lets make sure we all tell our friends and all get people to the games. the Sharks game wioll go up against Kangaroos v adeliade in Adeliade which will be a boring game (sorry to roos fans but its true)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OMG!!!  :o

I think channel nein's excuse has always been that we haven't been "up there" (refering to near top of the table) so now there is no excuse, we are top... not to mention the Bulldogs, Broncos and Sharks are all "up there" too... I just hope we get some decent crowds for these games like we used to in the early years, they were the best...
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or could it be that this way they ensure Storm don't get seen in Melbourne at all ;)  :shock: :shock:

Thank god we are getting back to normal, now there will be some the complain coz they can't get to the game on time or have to leave work early, at the end of the day our biggest crowds during the first 3 years were either on Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

Now don't forget to set your phone alarm for 4.00pm Friday as a reminder NOT to go straight home, but to head to the game....it's been that long that someone just might forget and show up on Saturday night.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll have a few more to come. We take on some big guns before the playoffs.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is this confirmed mikey? Cos there's nothing on NRL.com yet?
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: Kangaroos v adeliade in Adeliade which will be a boring game (sorry to roos fans but its true)
This is true only because it will be a completely one-sided affair.
This Friday night's game at the MCG should be rather entertaining though ... If only I could go to both games.

And yes jellyhead it's on LU and it's generally the only thing they get accurate.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
lotti

jellyhead wrote: Is this confirmed mikey? Cos there's nothing on NRL.com yet?
they also havn't moved the yellow thing to round 16.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Or could it be that this way they ensure Storm don't get seen in Melbourne at all ;)  :shock: :shock:

Thank god we are getting back to normal, now there will be some the complain coz they can't get to the game on time or have to leave work early, at the end of the day our biggest crowds during the first 3 years were either on Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

Now don't forget to set your phone alarm for 4.00pm Friday as a reminder NOT to go straight home, but to head to the game....it's been that long that someone just might forget and show up on Saturday night.
>:( Since my arse is NOT parked at a desk all day finishing work early enough to get to a Friday night game costs me nearly $100 dollars in overtime.........That's $300 !!
But that's OK maybe I can recover it by not getting a membership next year  ::)

Wonder how many will take a similar view ?

For every person that LOVES Friday night games How many,(and for lots of different reasons), are there going to be who hate the idea.
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
lotti

anyone else having trouble with NRL.com?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

PD wrote: >:( Since my arse is NOT parked at a desk all day finishing work early enough to get to a Friday night game costs me nearly $100 dollars in overtime.........That's $300 !!

For every person that LOVES Friday night games How many,(and for lots of different reasons), are there going to be who hate the idea.
PD, my point was that there has been post on here complaining that we don't get coverage and as soon as it happens (via a Friday night game) the complaints came thick and fast (about five weeks ago).

As I said...our biggest crowds in the early years came from Friday night games and Sunday afternoon game and I know there will be people that will have to travel a good distance....(I'll be travelling from Warragul that day).

Part of the reason the club use to give for why to have Friday night games was to get people after work attending and starting to support the club. Yes there will be people who can't make a Friday night game, just like Saturday night and Sunday games.

I guess it will come down to the crowd numbers over the next few home games to see if Friday night game are good for the game and the club.

Lotti, yes, for the past 3 1/2 hours
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

Date: 07 Jul 2006, 7:30PM AEST  Venue: Olympic Park, Melbourne, VIC  confirmation from the Storm's website.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

PD wrote:
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Or could it be that this way they ensure Storm don't get seen in Melbourne at all ;)  :shock: :shock:

>:( Since my arse is NOT parked at a desk all day finishing work early enough to get to a Friday night game costs me nearly $100 dollars in overtime.........That's $300 !!

Friday night is not good for me also.

I hope the majority of Storm fans turn up though.... As I will :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
PD wrote: >:( Since my arse is NOT parked at a desk all day finishing work early enough to get to a Friday night game costs me nearly $100 dollars in overtime.........That's $300 !!

Friday night is not good for me also.

I hope the majority of Storm fans turn up though.... As I will :D
I'll be right provided Connex don't cancel any trains. I'll have to do my best to get away from work dead on time. Fortunately I won't have any probs with the Broncos game as I've got holidays that week.

Mind you, missing kick off isn't new to me, in 2000 I don't think I made it into the ground once in time for kick off. It was that reason that I initially took out a membership, no need to queue to buy a ticket.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

my dads cousin tried to come to a game straight after work but he doesn't have membership so when he hadn't turned up by the 20min mark we were worried coz he had called an hour before saying he was about 10mins away. He evntually bought hsi ticket and go thru but was funny coz he missed heaps of action (not realy we just told him that)
Op2musPrime
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just like public transport, you wait ages for a Friday night game and then three turn up at once  ;D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2211/stormma2.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6079/841159195219sx7.png[/img][/url]