Contracts June 30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/ ... fault.aspx
South Sydney has boosted its NRL forward pack for next season by announcing the signing of New Zealand international David Kidwell to a three-year deal.

Kidwell, who has played 159 first grade games and 18 Tests for the Kiwis, will leave his current club Melbourne at the end of the season to link with the Rabbitohs.
Good luck to him he is a great bloke. I will miss him.  :cry:
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sad to see him go... he better hope we win the premiership this year because he won't be getting one at Souths in a hurry...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awww crap! :(

I really do think he breathed life into his career by coming to the Storm... we really do bring out the best in players.  If our good players are going to sign elsewhere in the NRL, I'd prefer it to be with struggling teams that need their help, and the Bunnies certainly do need him, so good luck to him.  I know he really did want to stay, so it must have been one hell of an offer (or a fairly crap one from the Storm).
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

will be missed very much. But just like when any other player leaves it opens up the gate for another to lift. Jeremy Smith, Matty Bartlett and tagatese now have a chance to themselves a permanent first grade spot.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Awww, crap. I was hoping Kiddy would finish his career with Storm.

Sounds like Souths could actually challenge for a finals spot next year with their signings so far.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I guess this was inevitable :(. One of my favorite players since his Roosters days.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hi guys, on the first page it says that we've signed Kafusi but i've noticed in one or two other posts that they weren't actually sure if it is confirmed that he's signed. My mate has been on my back for weeks to try and find out if he has and i can't find a definite answer anywhere. I dare say he has signed because i haven't heard his being mentioned in contract talks or him being linked with other sides which i reckon would be the case if he was off contract. So does anyone know for sure if he has signed and if so for how long?
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It is a shame that Kiddy is leaving us as I believe that he adds the fire to the forward pack like "T" did for us in 98-99, his go forwards have been a delight to watch this year and he has been known to spill the occasional ball but ah well.  Most of all Kiddy is a gentleman with respect for fans and always has time to speak to people.  He will have the ability to lift the Souths side off the bottom of the ladder and teamed up with David peachy, good combo, maybe they might not be making up the numbers next year (Go Bunnies) as long as the Storm beat them that is. Most of all what I am happy about is he has not dicked us around and he has given the team time to work out next year ahead of June 30 thank you Kiddy. =D> Cheers Grey Sub  :D :D :D
I am back again.
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

:( :( :(  Not happy Jan!!!!    Poor Kiddy how would you feel with a year on your contract and said look fella you better start looking elsewhere coz we dont think we can afford you!!  Not only has he been our most consistant forward  (Smith not counted) but added the bit of mongrel, aggression, and sledging when needed.

It will be a pleasure to continually chat to you through out the rest of the year Kiddy, as you are a true gentlemen out of the game!  The little champ had a tear in his eye the other day when the news broke,  will claim it to be for that reason, (mum thinks its a tooth coming).

You will do well at Souths, I hope they value your leadership, aggresion and passion like we have whilst you have been in Melbourne.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kiddy has to be up there with the Storm's all time best. Made an impact in the 1st game he played for us and will in his last. Remember in that game in Townsville in 2003 where he hit the kicker late and stood over him saying "got you c***?  :lol: And oh who can forget "Why's that? and off he went for 10  :lol:
Great leader, hope all goes well for him
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep it sucks that he has to go, but what can you do  :dontknow:

Thanks for the memories, Kiddy, you've been great for the Storm & I know you'll be great for Souths.  Our loss will be their gain! - NS
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Webster definitely going?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/league/we ... 42731.html
Webster aiming for flag finale
Stathi Paxinos
June 17, 2006

JAKE Webster yesterday vowed to make his last year at Melbourne Storm memorable by helping it to its second premiership, despite his disappointment at the way he was shown the door by the club this week.

Webster, who developed from a sometime first grader at the club to a New Zealand international, confirmed yesterday that he would be leaving at the end of this season, with the new Gold Coast Titans, which will come into the National Rugby League next year, his likely destination.

Webster, who had been holding off signing a new contract with the Storm so that he could test the market after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline expired, was effectively cut loose by the Storm this week when it signed Newcastle winger Anthony Quinn to a lucrative three-year deal.

"I will definitely be leaving the club at the end of the year," Webster said. "I've come to terms with that, the club's come to terms with that. Now we've just got to get on with the rest of the year."

Webster said he had been disappointed by the club's actions but was not bitter. "I'm a bit disappointed with everything that went on, with how we sorted it out," Webster said.

"It probably could have been done a bit better but it's time to move on now and I've just got to concentrate on the rest of the year and my main goal now is just to win the flag with Melbourne.

"I didn't give them an answer early enough and we just couldn't come to terms quickly enough … I know they couldn't be left in the dark like with Matt Orford last year with no one signed, so I understand why they had to do what they did. There were a few misunderstandings that we went through but that was on both behalfs so I'm not angry at the club or anything. I've got nothing bad to say about it. I've had a great time in Melbourne and I know I'll continue to have a great time when I'm still here."

The table-topping Storm (10-3) will take on a resurgent Canberra (ninth, 7-6) tomorrow at Olympic Park. The Raiders have overcome a horror start to the season, winning their past three games including against early-season leaders North Queensland and top-five side Bulldogs, which came without playmaker Jason Smith.

■The Australian Rugby League will release an extra 3000 standing-room tickets for next month's state-of-origin decider at Telstra Dome.

The tickets will go on sale on Monday, with a number of restricted-viewing seats also on offer after all previously available tickets for the July 5 match at the 53,355-capacity Telstra Dome sold out yesterday.

Queensland levelled the best-of-three game series 1-1 on Wednesday after beating NSW 30-6 at Suncorp Stadium.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

"I'm a bit disappointed with everything that went on, with how we sorted it out," Webster said.
You know - this kinda comment riles me. Players want to test the open market post-June 30 in a bid to push for more money. They then get disappointed when a club (which has been burnt too many times) opts for someone else rather than start another saga.

If you're keen to stay in Melbourne, putting yourself on the open market doesn't show that. That's disappointing from a fans perspective towards a player.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree with you Buzz, although it is sad to see Webster go, I am amazed that he was the one who wanted to go on the open market to start off with, this to me shows that he was thinking of moving anyway. It always amazes me how it is the club who did the wrong thing time and time again, it had nothing to do with some greedy manager who "Wants the best deal for his player!" not to mention his own pocket. When a player says the club could have handled it better does this mean that they could have offered more money?? Or do they need to be able to talk more, Hmm. Oh well best of luck Jake.
I am back again.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote:
"I'm a bit disappointed with everything that went on, with how we sorted it out," Webster said.
You know - this kinda comment riles me. Players want to test the open market post-June 30 in a bid to push for more money. They then get disappointed when a club (which has been burnt too many times) opts for someone else rather than start another saga.

If you're keen to stay in Melbourne, putting yourself on the open market doesn't show that. That's disappointing from a fans perspective towards a player.
Here Here  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]