Hill quits Storm for big English quid

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

MELBOURNE Storm will not enter the player market to replace departing five-eighth Scott Hill, instead banking its future on unheralded rookie Jackson Nicolau.

Storm hopes to sign Nicolau, 18, to a long-term deal by the end of the week.
Melbourne recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan said the Innisfail youngster had given every indication he would handle the rise to NRL class.

"We won't be looking to buy a big-name playmaker," O'Sullivan said.

"We see Jackson as our long-term five-eighth, with Matty Geyer there to provide some cover.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 23,00.html
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormBec wrote:
MELBOURNE Storm will not enter the player market to replace departing five-eighth Scott Hill, instead banking its future on unheralded rookie Jackson Nicolau.

Storm hopes to sign Nicolau, 18, to a long-term deal by the end of the week.
Melbourne recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan said the Innisfail youngster had given every indication he would handle the rise to NRL class.

"We won't be looking to buy a big-name playmaker," O'Sullivan said.

"We see Jackson as our long-term five-eighth, with Matty Geyer there to provide some cover.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 23,00.html

Does this mean Matty Geyer will definitely play on with Storm next year?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets hope you could take that comment that way.
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:Does this mean Matty Geyer will definitely play on with Storm next year?
Sure sounds that way!!  :D
DontMakeBenCross
Squall
Squall

Great news go Matty! :D
[b]Ben Ikin to Adam Mogg:[/b][i]Moggy its Benny Ikin here mate, who was the best staff member in camp and why was I!?[/i]
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I hardly use the internet anymore, but I have just spent the last hour reading this entire thread.
KINGY - you are spot on, simple as that. Very well written and very well said.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here we go again, putting faith in another youngster, O'Sullivan seems to come up with the goods though so just have to wait and see.
But what about Hills performance today, back to his best, hope he can keep it going
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As a proud member of HBA let me say on Hill today  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

bula wrote: But what about Hills performance today, back to his best, hope he can keep it going
As his best has been very rarely seen in the 8 years at the club if the way he played today is the reason why he is getting the big bucks then it cements why HBA was formed for.....coz we've been robbed for years.

Man, if he played like that all the time I might have even gone out and gotten his number and name on the back of my jersey.  ;) ;) ;) ;)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I admit he played well, but lets see if he can back it up next week????? As a member of HBA I hope he does back up next week, though I will wait and see....
I am back again.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Good on yas :D

Hill did play very well today :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hill played freakin awesome, most exciting game ive seen all season in fact
no surprise thats the case when hill fires!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Credit where it's due, Hill had a great game against the Eels, damn unlucky that he couldn't make it over for a try in the 2nd half.
Ron Supwood
Squall
Squall

The only thing you can be sure of is that once Scott Hill leaves the knockers will find themselves another whipping boy. On the MSSC board Tassea Lavea was given a fearful working over to the extent it degenerated into a bitter personal affair between members. Believe it or not Matty Geyer was given working over when he was having trouble under the high balls when we were at Colonial.

Everybodys entitled to their opinion however the way I look at is the players are representing my footy team and are not deliberately going out to stuff up but it happens.

For the record I am a fan of Scott Hill both of the bloke and the footballer. That does not mean he does not frustrate the living shit out of me at times.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ron Supwood wrote: The only thing you can be sure of is that once Scott Hill leaves the knockers will find themselves another whipping boy. On the MSSC board Tassea Lavea was given a fearful working over to the extent it degenerated into a bitter personal affair between members. Believe it or not Matty Geyer was given working over when he was having trouble under the high balls when we were at Colonial.

Everybodys entitled to their opinion however the way I look at is the players are representing my footy team and are not deliberately going out to stuff up but it happens.

For the record I am a fan of Scott Hill both of the bloke and the footballer. That does not mean he does not frustrate the living shit out of me at times.
Fair post Ron. All players have slumps & yes people will have players they just can't warm too,(or who they think have failed to live up to expectations/salaries).At the end of the day as long as the players & we the fans remember it's the team that matters.

FTR.......I'm not a Scott Hill fan,but admired the skill he's showed - I gather he had a rare flash of brilliance Sunday.........And I missed it...........O well  :?
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

Did hill have a blinder???    I was having one myself,  a couple of bottles of fine Rutherglen Red.  Im still sceptical I rekon if I didnt see the game it didnt happen!!  I will have to wait another 8 weeks for Hill to have a game as good as he supposedly had.  ARE YOU WITH HBA??