Storm v Warriors - Offer to AFL, AFL Club & MCC Members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Staff
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Any AFL, MCC & AFL Club member will receive $10 general admission adult ticket (child $2.50) at the Storm v Warriors match on Saturday 26th June, 7:30pm kick off.

To redeem the offer simply present your AFL, MCC or AFL club membership at the gate of the above match (offer cannot be pre purchased).

Get your friends, work mates, family along as this is your opportunity to showcase your team to AFL supporters!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great idea, but you are preaching to the converted in here. This sort of deal needs to be mass promoted to the public, and until today, there had been nothing to let the target of the offer... AFL members know about it. I was discussing it yesterday with some non league followers, and they didn't know anything about it!!
I fear that this great opportunity and idea has been wasted because the club has been too slow in it's promotion.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sen had some ads about it. today!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:Great idea, but you are preaching to the converted in here. This sort of deal needs to be mass promoted to the public, and until today, there had been nothing to let the target of the offer... AFL members know about it. I was discussing it yesterday with some non league followers, and they didn't know anything about it!!
I fear that this great opportunity and idea has been wasted because the club has been too slow in it's promotion.
So true they need adviste big on TV in prime time.
I aslo was talking about the offter at work and no one knew about it , They are AFL members and a few of them might come along. Lets hope so .
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There were two of those advertising scooters parked at Flinders St Station this morning. On one side they had the "trans-Tasman Storm" poster featuring Billy & on the other side a poster of the lovely Lauren =P~ :lol: There were also people handing out flyers.

I also saw a coupon in the Leader newspaper.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've got 2 extras coming on Saturday night who are dyed in the wool (is that right?) Carlton supporters. Never in a million years did I think they would come to a Storm game. She is AFL through & through (to the point her son has just been called up to play a game with the Western Jets) and he is an ex-Kiwi who is more into union. I wouldn't have ever thought to ask them to come this weekend but they approached me - so there you go!!
cheriebee
Squall
Squall

:x Well Im NOT HAPPY JAN!!!
Im going away for the weekend and wont be at the game, and it will be one of the best games to be at I would say...... :cry:
I tried to organise it for last weekend's bye, but "Oh no it just doesnt suit some people for that weekend!" They know Im not happy and Im sacrificing alot here :evil:
I just hope they have foxtel in Phillip Island [-o<
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It is called austar cherriebee
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I went to Storm training yesterday but they brought the training session forward to 4pm. This change occurred after I'd rung to confirm training.

I got there just after 5:30pm but hadn't found an unlocked gate by the time I bumped into Greg Brentnall, Storm's football manager, heading the other direction who was also looking for an unlocked gate.

Greg rang someone on his mobile and was told that all the gates were locked, so I didn't get to see any of the training. But I did tell Greg about some Storm fan that printed and copied his own flyers for this week's match and handed them out last week at an AFL match.

I asked him how he thought the crowd would go today. He didn't give me any figures but he was pleased with the pre-purchased ticket numbers. He said they are going better than recent home games. Given that AFL/AFL club/MCC members can only get the discount by purchasing tickets at the ground then this sounds promising. I personally know of 8 people that will definitely attend their first Storm game for the year today.

Fingers crossed for 12,000+ crowd.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Yea I'll be comming with a large crowd than usaul.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

but he was pleased with the pre-purchased ticket numbers

This was also mentioned in today's HS Surandy. Sounds very promising. :)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was at OP yesterday avo doing some preps for the game. First thing we noticed were the Warriors coming over the hill around 3pm. They hit the park for about 15 minutes. No official "training" but they had a few ball-kickers having pot-shots at the goals. Their head of security is a real nutter btw!

Around 4pm, the Storm boys came over the hill and started doing their training session - just as the rain started coming down. Spoke with Troy the Trainer (no relation to Bob), and he was surprised the Warriors were on the ground - apparently not allowed.

Matt King did some good runs - may be a starter tonight (if not tonight - a good chance for next week).

If you get to the ground for training, and find all the Swan St gates locked, keep going up Swan St pasts Eddie's Palace and turn left to go around the back of th>
I hope it's wrong, Latu is crap.