Round 19 - Storm vs Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Defence has been horrible this half.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm posted hamstring tightness. Cautionary.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now Olam pulled up gimpy. Should rest a ton of blokes next week. Forfeit even lol.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a bizarre way for Cameron Smith to pass Craig Bellamy's try tally!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't see why Leilua can't be sin binned and it's a try there. Most blatant professional foul I've ever seen.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Try OR professional foul. Sadly you don't get both.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know but, it was just that blatant that it should be both.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:08 pm Now Olam pulled up gimpy. Should rest a ton of blokes next week. Forfeit even lol.
Not a bad idea.

It was heart in mouth stuff when our blokes started going down in the second half. I reckon next week they will rest at least Suli, Kenny, Tino and Cam Munster ( who finished the game with his legs wrapped up like a prize racehorse ).

The last 2 weeks have been very strange - 4 tries against us each game , by teams outside the top 8. That right hand defence remains very dodgy. Will be very interesting to see who plays out there next week. I reckon Paul Momirovski will get a run, but query Ricky Leutele.

Welch comes back in , hopefully Paps and Dale too who need a run pre- finals.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:59 pm Another ordinary second half so far. Bellamy must be spewing
He’s had a bad day. Lost his try scoring record to Cam Smith, and burst his woofa valve more than once !
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:05 pm I know but, it was just that blatant that it should be both.
:lol:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy said in the press conference they would be resting players mostly cause they are injured not by choice
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pmThe last 2 weeks have been very strange - 4 tries against us each game , by teams outside the top 8. That right hand defence remains very dodgy. Will be very interesting to see who plays out there next week. I reckon Paul Momirovski will get a run, but query Ricky Leutele.

Welch comes back in , hopefully Paps and Dale too who need a run pre- finals.
I do wonder if Paps is a much better communicator out the back than Hynes? So many poor misses one on one or a player making a poor defensive read while out of position. Definelty strange but hopefully not too concerning. Outside of the right edge we're pretty strong across the park.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Better than last week, in the sense that we were able to get back control in the second half, but disappointing from a defensive point of view.

Nicho looked comfortable with the ball, but maybe blazza you're right, maybe Paps is better at marshalling the defence?

I think we need an outside back on the bench, we looked worse when Suli went off.

Also, do you think Smith will now announcing his retirement after passing Bellamy's try scoring record? haha
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:05 pm I know but, it was just that blatant that it should be both.
:lol:
I don;t see why you can't have both, in football/soccer you can there can be a yellow/red card offence play on called, team scores, and then have the card shown after the goal. It's saying players actions don't count if they other team scores.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yourhero
The Tigers first try, with our defensive style where did it it fall down? Suli had no choice but to take take the inside man, was it a problem with the inside players (I think Tino) not working hard enough to push out? Is this justifiably attributable to the fullback? (Given the speed of the play I don't think so and besides, the fullback was nowhere to be seen). I'm not for one minute critical of Nicho because I think he has the goods, I think his timing of passes is beautiful. Dare I say it, he has deft hands.

Some soft stuff let up through the middle, and after Suli went off a centre playing on the wing was shown up.

Observation
When are players going to realise their value in specific positions, be it Wing or Bench? Opening up a can of worms here maybe but Josh, you're a Winger and Brandon a bench player. The value these players bring to these positions is just as important and immense as a so called "coveted" starting position. Starting Hooker or Fullback may seemingly attract a bigger pay check but it should not. Good luck next year Josh. To borrow an old Commonwealth Bank Add, stick with the strength.