Round 19 - Warriors vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought that bloke Cameron Smith was pretty good.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Cameron wrote:I thought that bloke Cameron Smith was pretty good.
Yeah not bad from CS, Finucane would be my Player of the Match.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not much happening from our forwards today - thought only Kenny & NAS showed any real intensity. Croft would've had a shocker with our lack of go forward & no real platform to work from today.

Defensively we looked very vulnerable at times as well, with no interest in getting up in their faces to shut down their attack.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Happy to get the win but boy did we make hard work of it, again we are just being outenthused by so many teams, I almost get the feeling we are just doing the minimum waiting for the finals, which is fine but it can be frustrating, these tight games aren’t good for the ticket lol.

Good parts, great to see Finucane back, thought Jesse had a great game, Smith was unreal as usual, and until he dropped the pill late I thought Vunivalu was very good. Bad parts we’ll its been mentioned, Hoffman is stealing a living as a footballer, I thought while bright in spots the halves didn’t really take control of that game, Slater was erratic and overplayed his hand again, a big one was Curtis Scott though, thought that was one of his worst games for us, he made Beale look world class which is concerning, fell off a thousand tackles, constant misreads, dominated in almost ever tackle, never got on the outside or his winger any ball, very average game from Scott. Overall a gritty win, still can’t find a way to leave Hughes out but I think we need a more traditional half back, for the sake of our structure, I hate to say it but I think if Slater didn’t have his history he would be playing Reggie’s with Hughes in the #1 jumper. Anyway onwards and upwards, 7 in a row and let’s focus on the Raiders next week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't think Hoffman and Stimson both fit in the same team. I'd rather play Stimson.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We scored two tries they scored one. We managed the game a bit better in the last 15-20 minutes than them in a professional way.

Move on to the RaIders and don't think about it too much.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers became the fifth Storm player to 75 tries. Only 3 behind Inglis now.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We can now work in the next few weeks on attack.

Bellamy was impressed by our Grit in defence.

He loves Grit.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9fd1536288

MELBOURNE Storm have maintained their stranglehold over their Anzac Day rivals, winning their sixth-straight game against the Warriors.
Although the Warriors significantly narrowed the margin from their 50-10 loss at AAMI Park in April, Storm shot to the top of the ladder with a 12-6 win at Mt Smart Stadium.

All tries were scores in the first half, with Will Chambers opening the scoring in the third minute, before Gerard Beale hit back five minutes later for the Warriors.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Happy to get the win but boy did we make hard work of it, again we are just being outenthused by so many teams, I almost get the feeling we are just doing the minimum waiting for the finals, which is fine but it can be frustrating, these tight games aren’t good for the ticket lol.

Good parts, great to see Finucane back, thought Jesse had a great game, Smith was unreal as usual, and until he dropped the pill late I thought Vunivalu was very good. Bad parts we’ll its been mentioned, Hoffman is stealing a living as a footballer, I thought while bright in spots the halves didn’t really take control of that game, Slater was erratic and overplayed his hand again, a big one was Curtis Scott though, thought that was one of his worst games for us, he made Beale look world class which is concerning, fell off a thousand tackles, constant misreads, dominated in almost ever tackle, never got on the outside or his winger any ball, very average game from Scott. Overall a gritty win, still can’t find a way to leave Hughes out but I think we need a more traditional half back, for the sake of our structure, I hate to say it but I think if Slater didn’t have his history he would be playing Reggie’s with Hughes in the #1 jumper. Anyway onwards and upwards, 7 in a row and let’s focus on the Raiders next week.
Think your being a bit harsh on Curtis, I didn’t think he went that bad at all. He had the 3rd most metres for the the Storm with 128 behind only Slater and Bromwich. He also had 37 post contact metres which is pretty good. 3 missed tackles but I think that’s a little misleading, at least one of them was for when he stopped one of the warriors but then the Fox came in and drove him and Scott just got flung out when Fox came in. Overall Scott wasn’t bad, wasn’t he’s best but wasn’t a poor game either imo
Monsoon
Monsoon

His missed tackle count was only 3 because the other 5 he didn’t even lay a hand on anyone. I’ll admit he got better in the second half and took a lot of tough runs out of trouble, I am probably nitpicking he is a young fella, I’m sure he will be better next week, I actually really rate him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Beale did have his way with Curtis for a bit. At one point I was wondering who it was cause I thought surely this isn't Gerard Beale. Was very noticeable in the first half.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very happy to win again. Warriors were terrific away last week, so pleasing to beat them at home.

I liked the game of Hughes. Looks our best threat at 7.

I hope Brandon is back next week. With Dale back, I reckon one of Kenny, Hoffy and Joe miss out. Kenny did his chances no harm today, but Hoffy perhaps needs a rest.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Very happy to win again. Warriors were terrific away last week, so pleasing to beat them at home.

I liked the game of Hughes. Looks our best threat at 7.

I hope Brandon is back next week. With Dale back, I reckon one of Kenny, Hoffy and Joe miss out. Kenny did his chances no harm today, but Hoffy perhaps needs a rest.
Brando back. Joe is the present and future. Thanks for your service Hoffy.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Chambers was good. For the Chambers haters out there.