Round 18 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Is anyone else loving Kamikamica's runs at the moment? Could be Glasby's replacement next year I'm thinking.
I’m loving his defence even more. A number of times in the past two weeks, he has raced up into the ball carriers face as they received the ball, putting on strong shots... Completely changed the momentum in one of the sets last night.
Fair call. He has been massive for us on both ends.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just read that the coach, captain and a total of 10 players were absent from Nancy's reunion yesterday. What a shambles.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even their own players hate Manly :lol:

Must be a great culture :P
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Found something that made me laugh a bit.

This season: 12-5, +134
Last season: 13-4, + 121

We haven't nearly played as consistent or at the same level as last season. We have dealt with a few more injuries though and don't have Cronk though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Found something that made me laugh a bit.

This season: 12-5, +134
Last season: 13-4, + 121

We haven't nearly played as consistent or at the same level as last season. We have dealt with a few more injuries though and don't have Cronk though.
Huh. That is interesting.

It definitely feels like we are well off where we were last season but we now find ourselves within two points of the top of the ladder.

Obviously having Smithy in the NRL side throughout the Origin period has been invaluable. When have we ever made it through the Origin period undefeated? I can’t remember a time.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dragons just lost again, so we are second. It is tight at the top, but second - and a home final - would be gold.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I’m the most confident I’ve been all year that we can go back to back, can’t wait for the finals!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Comp is very even now that we've come back to the pack a bit. If we can sort out a couple of spots in the starting team we're every chance to go b2b.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Just read that the coach, captain and a total of 10 players were absent from Nancy's reunion yesterday. What a shambles.
Huh, who's Nancy? Someone at the Eagles I assume
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Autocorrect, sorry, meant to be Manly. Stupid new phone.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All good, it kind of suits. “They are a bunch of Nancies”.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm just wondering how it's a reunion when 10 of your best 12 and the coach all don't want to come...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stats That Matter - Round 18

melbournestorm.com.au
Sun 15 Jul 2018, 12:05

What a return by Jesse Bromwich. After five weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury the leader of the Storm pack had an immediate influence to finish Saturday night's game with a team-high 169 metres. Bromwich came off the bench in the 21st minute with his side trailing 10-nil and instantly Melbourne appeared to grow an extra leg. Now the focus will be on ensuring the Kiwi enforcer can put a solid month of uninterrupted football under his belt, which is a scary thought for the opposition.

What a journey to such a significant milestone for Tim Glasby. In 2012 the Rockhampton native was playing Queensland Cup football working as a financial planner back home before Storm recruiters came knocking. Fast track to today and Glasby is an Origin player and now an NRL centurion. No one can deny he has had to take the hard road to reach 100 NRL games and there is no doubt he will continue to go from strength to strength.

What a way to celebrate your 21st birthday. Brodie Croft was a late inclusion into the starting side as the halfback and again showed his class in crucial moments. His try in the 49th minute cut the Manly lead to a single point and well and truly swung the momentum Melbourne's. His kicking game was also a highlight, forcing the Sea Eagles into repeat set, including an important one late in the game. With still only 12 NRL games under his belt, the learning curve will only get steeper and more advanced over the next month.

For the first time in history Melbourne Storm have won all six games during the State of Origin period. It is a remarkable achievement for a side who had more Origin players (six) than any other team in the competition. This team has proven over the last month and a half the wealth of depth they have at their disposal. Regardless of how long they have been playing at feeder level, players such as Croft, Jahrome Hughes, Cheyse Blair and Tui Kamikamica have shown they are ready to answer the call whenever it comes their way. A fit list is crucial but a hungry one even more so which has Melbourne well placed heading into the back end of the year.

RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Autocorrect, sorry, meant to be Manly. Stupid new phone.
I thought it was a reference to Nancy Sinatra, whose mum ( also called Nancy, I think - Frank's first wife )
just passed away!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought it was from the reunion of the cast of the Nancy Drew mysterys.