Round 11 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get the feeling Harry Grant might debut
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any inside knowledge there?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... wondering/

'Bull' Smith won't die wondering
melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 18 May 2018

Brandon Smith attacks everything he does head on and don't expect that to change on Saturday night at AAMI Park.

The 21-year old will start for Melbourne in the number nine jersey and Craig Bellamy will be hoping Smith can channel the same energy that has seen him provide such a big impact off the bench in 2018 into a near 80 minute performance.

"You've got to try and pull him back a little bit, he gets a bit excited," Craig Bellamy explained on Friday when asked about the youngster's starting credentials.

"As you can see by the way he goes on the field he is a bull at a gate basically.

"He'll need to have a little bit of thought this week playing at dummy half but we're really glad for him.

"He won't die wondering I know that, he is a nice guy to be able to bring in."

The talented youngster has made the most of his increased opportunity in first-grade this season playing seven games, already surpassing last year's tally of three when he made his NRL debut.

Smith was instrumental in Storm's Round 10 victory, earning man of the match honours in the win over the Titans.

"He's been a really valuable player for us Brandon and he's done a good job when he's got the chance," Bellamy said.

"We're not quite sure how long Brandon is going to go.

"We don't think he's got 80 minutes in him but having said that if he gets a bit of adrenalin from the start you never no what he could do."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really excited to see this young bloke get a chance to start.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... wondering/

'Bull' Smith won't die wondering
melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 18 May 2018

Brandon Smith attacks everything he does head on"
I met him the other night and was very impressed with him as a person. He walked up to me and my mate (nobodies) and said hello and engaged in conversation, a very sensible young person. Reining him in on the field may be another matter. He's in the same molds as Isaac Luke, hopefully he chooses when to run, not to run at every chance.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Grant officially in
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Keen to see how Grant goes
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty rubbish so far.

We finally get a good chance - Manly down to 12 men, on the attack off a penalty. So Jacks clearly runs behind Glasby... Idiotic.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Halftime 2-2. Both sides haven’t even looked likely. Not a great spectacle.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Grant looking great. A couple of shocking missed calls by the refs in favour of Manly. We haven’t really had many chances yet
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deadpool wrote:Grant looking great. A couple of shocking missed calls by the refs in favour of Manly. We haven’t really had many chances yet
But not doing anything with the chances they do get.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Monsoon
Monsoon

This team is a shadow of even last years squad, and it’s our senior players letting the team down, Slater, Vunivalu, Chambers, Jacks, Hoffman have all been rubbish. One of the most flat halves we’ve thrown up in a while, been impressed with our left edge minus Hoffman and young Grant is holding his own, and I thought Welch was really good too, but we are just pedestrian in attack, no cohesion no energy, we look like we played a game before this and we are backing up, Slater has been woeful and is in career worst form and I know it’s crazy but I wish we went with Hughes at the back tonight, even my man NAS was soft as a pillow in his first stint, very disappointing all round and can’t see where a win will come from at the moment, Munster/Scott/Addo-Carr is all we’ve got and it’s the only way we will break this open. I know I’ve been a big advocate for Jacks but he hasn’t offered much but has also made a lot of mistakes tonight which he usually wouldn’t do, maybe Hughes/Croft/Drinkwater need a look in? I don’t know what to say we are lucky Manly have also been inept, very poor effort so far.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon Smith plays tough... He throws himself completely into tackling the big men. Not sure how long he can do that in his career though - got injury written all over it.

Hopefully our forwards can establish some dominance in the second half. We need something special here...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need direction and have no one out there to do it. The last few weeks is exactly why I wasn't advocating Jacks to come into the team.

Have to rely on a JAC special to open things up for is.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taking two with a guy in the bin?