Munster told to Pull His Head In!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if Munster wants to be a lima lima lima duck head...he can lima lima lima duck off now and not let the door slam him on the ass on the way out.

Our great club is great because it doesn't tolerate dickheads.

either he tows the Storm line 100% of the time or he leaves...simple as that
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still all just media talk at this point, but it's not what we are used to reading about our players
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmm yesterday the club reports how well he's doing at training then today this.
Way I look at it he's young and has had a hell of a year so if he's gone a little too far then just a case of roping him in and he has the right people at the club to do that.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Completely agree with all you have written Bula.

If the club had serious concerns, the public commentary from a few days ago would be a little bit different, one would think.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah all I’ve heard from the club is about how happy they are with his preseason. Hell Billy Slater was talking about him being a leader and how he’s currently in the emerging leaders group. I’ll take the word of our club over the word of some random reporter anyday
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Storm official Twitter account;

“In response to speculation on social media, Melbourne Storm is not releasing or considering releasing, Cameron Munster from his Storm contract.“
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's almost what worries me... if they knew this story was out there, smoke screens about how well he's going.
Hopefully it is all just media BS but who knows!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5557a9653c

Report: Cameron Munster could be released by Storm over off-field antics, Melbourne responds

Storm

February 7, 2018 1:25pm|
by Staff writers|
Source: FOX SPORTS

Explosive column has reported Cameron Munster could be released by Melbourne as a direct result of ongoing off-field antics.

But the Storm have categorically denied the speculation in a short statement on Twitter.

NRL.com claims Storm officials and some players — most notably captain Cameron Smith — are fed up with the talented utility for the way he behaves and his attitude.

It follows Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper last week revealing Munster had been sent home from Kangaroos camp for punching on with teammate Ben Hunt during the World Cup.

NRL.com understands the club is considering releasing the 23-year-old from his contract, which runs to the end of 2019.

Craig Bellamy is famous for running a tight ship, with a foundation of discipline and professionalism led by senior players like Smith and Billy Slater.

Munster is known for being a bit of a party animal and has felt the wrath of Bellamy in the past.

Watch every NRL premiership game live in 2018 on Fox Sports. Sign up here to stream for free on a two week trial >

Cameron Munster of the Storm.Cameron Munster of the Storm.Source: AAP
He revealed to NRL.com a spray from Bellamy after a trial game a few years ago.

He was out drinking until 1am on game day, and the premiership-winning coach blasted Munster in front of teammates for his actions.

“He ripped me a new one. Pretty much in front of everyone, he questioned if I really wanted to play rugby league and really wanted to be at this club,” Munster told NRL.com.

“He said ‘what would you rather do, dig holes or play football for us?’. He didn’t say it in that nice of a tone.

“I went back home and had a bit of a chat and realised that this was something I wanted to do.

“That was a turning point for me and I started trying to pull my head in as much as I could.”

Munster won a premiership with Melbourne last year, and made his debut for Queensland and then Australia either side of the grand final.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whoops!! Look like something crazy is happening?!?!??!
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/07/cam ... rne-storm/

The Melbourne Storm's hopes of Cameron Munster leading the club into the post "big three" era are fading by the day.
NRL.com understands Munster's future at the club is now up in the air as senior officials and players grow frustrated with his attitude and lifestyle choices.
A couple of Sydney clubs are keeping a close eye on the events unfolding at Melbourne in relation to Munster, who was recently fined by the club as a result of his behaviour.
The Queensland and Australian star has undoubted talent, but the Storm have a history of not tolerating fools.
They pride themselves on their standards and culture and Munster is falling well and truly short of their expectations.
The 23-year-old is off contract at the end of 2019, but NRL.com understands he runs the risk of not seeing that out if he does not change his ways.
The revelation last week from Fox Sports of a stoush with Kangaroos teammate Ben Hunt during last year's World Cup were on the mark despite Hunt's attempt to water down the incident in a recent interview with NRL.com.
He was sent back to Melbourne from Darwin by Kangaroos officials before rejoining the squad in Brisbane for the week of the semi-final.
Earlier in the tournament on the day after Australia's win over England in the opening game of the World Cup in Melbourne, Munster also failed to return to the team hotel following a day at the races. He didn't arrive back in camp until the next morning.
Storm and Australian skipper Cameron Smith hasn't shirked away from expressing his displeasure with Munster following past indiscretions.
It is understood Smith is furious with Munster's reluctance to embrace the professionalism that defines the culture of the club under coach Craig Bellamy, but also what Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga is trying to build with the national side.
Munster's career is now at a crossroads. If he doesn't decide to get his act together, then those Sydney clubs monitoring the situation will have a chance to pounce in the near future.
But if Munster can't stay out of trouble in Melbourne, where he is unrecognisable to most locals, he will struggle to deal with the fishbowl that is Sydney.
The Storm often get phone calls from representatives from Melbourne-based AFL clubs letting them know of Munster's whereabouts.
Cameron Munster celebrates Melbourne's 2017 grand final win. ©Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
In an interview with NRL.com in November prior to the World Cup game against France in Canberra, Munster spoke about how he has changed. About how previously he got caught up in the nightlife and antics, but that was now a thing of the past.
We never ran that story. Before publishing, your columnist made several phone calls to people in the game who suggested we ran the risk of having egg on our face if we followed through with the Munster redemption story.
In that interview, though, Munster referenced a particular incident before a trial game against the Canberra Raiders in Griffith a few years ago in which Bellamy tore shreds off him. It was meant to be a line in the sand moment.
Here's what Munster said at the time:
"I still remember the day. I went out until 1am on the Sunday morning we were supposed to play. I was out having brekkie and I was telling the boys. Bellyache was behind me and he didn't say anything until he saw how I played on Sunday arvo. And of course, I played like cactus. He ripped me a new one. Pretty much in front of everyone, he questioned if I really wanted to play rugby league and really wanted to be at this club.
"He said 'what would you rather do, dig holes or play football for us?'. He didn't say it in that nice of a tone. I went back home and had a bit of a chat and realised that this was something I wanted to do. That was a turning point for me and I started trying to pull my head in as much as I could. Bellyache let me know that. He said 'you're not bigger than the game'. He said if you do that again you're gone. I was stepping on thin ice for a while."
Let's just say those same conversations are happening again. The Storm were once willing to offer Munster a lifetime 10-year deal.
They baulked. Not over concerns of his ability, but because of the unknown that comes with him off the field. Now it's up to him to prove yet again how much he really doesn't want to dig holes.
NRL.com contacted the club before publication however the Storm declined to comment.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm deny Munster on thin ice

Melbourne have denied reports Cameron Munster is in danger of being cut by the NRL premiers.

Updated Updated 54 mins ago

Melbourne have denied reports Cameron Munster's future at the club is on thin ice.

The Storm, Queensland and Australian playmaker was sent home briefly from the Kangaroos' World Cup campaign for misbehaviour and NRL.com claimed he was in danger of being cut by the premiers because of continued off-field issues.

The Storm responded by saying: "In response to speculation on social media, Melbourne Storm is not releasing or considering releasing, Cameron Munster from his Storm contract."

Source: AAP
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sir Craig Bellamy needs to come out on the front foot and do a radio interview preferably with a Melbourne Storm friendly radio station and clear the air.

Either it is a problem or it is not a problem

and Craig can nip it in the bud in two seconds.

or the Storm have actually put this to the media themselves to try and give Cameron Munster a warning!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are a few people on this site that knew that this was coming so I doubt it is a Storm in a teacup or even an alcohol glass

excuse the pun!

what do you guys in the know; actually KNOW!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

So; in the next few years we will lose Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cameron Munster?!?

Well; at least we should have plenty of cap space.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a slow news day. I was looking forward to their article on what Jarryd Hayne had for breakfast this morning and this pops up. Not happy Fox!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:There are a few people on this site that knew that this was coming so I doubt it is a Storm in a teacup or even an alcohol glass

excuse the pun!

what do you guys in the know; actually KNOW!

????????????????????????