Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

id be happy to sign Alex...we need a hot Englishman at the club
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Alex is married with a son so probably he would be good eye candy but unattainable.

But his rugby league skills could compliment us in our bid for back to back glory.

I think he would fit in at the Storm tremendously well.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

not sure why you are thinking we could possibly get Alex. Not going to happen
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I still think we are one big forward shoe rt and we must still have a little coin left over from Cooper leaving.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FG - Bromwich, Glasby, NAS, Kasiano
reserve - Welch, Kamikamika, Leuluai, ?Myles

I think we're pretty well covered with a mix of size & skill, youth & experience and reliability & X-fator. Would be a waste IMO to spend money on another FG-level prop and have Glasby plugging away in reserve grade.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

For me the reserves look very ordinary. We are one injury away from being exposed.

I heard Nate Myles wasn't re-signed. Can anyone confirm that?

We will miss Jordan Mclean who improved enough this year to be in the Australian team.

You make me even more sure that we need to buy one more big front rower.

That has been our biggest problem in previous years and was the main reason we won the Premiership this year.

Lets find one more big front rower.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disagree, we are fine with current props.

On top of
Bromwich, Glasby, NAS, Kasiano, Welch, Kamikamika, Leuluai

we also have;
Lachlan Timm, Charlie Galo

The simple fact is that there are only so many spots. Playing a quality NRL forward in the Q Cup "just in case" is not astute cap management. We have a really good mix of experience, x-factor and young guns pushing for selection/able to cover in case of injury.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Galo has gone. I think we are one short. Maybe Groat is in the wings at East.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, we need another Power Forward and we may as well make him, the most talented possible given we have some money available under the salary cap.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I went to the first training and Sam Kasiano looks like he has been on a strict diet and has lost about 10kgs.

Will fly this year.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We should get into this bloke Alex I swear.

Promise to make him a better player under Bellamy and get Cameron Smith and Billy Slater to get in his ear during the WC Finals.

Reckon he would be a star in the NRL and so does Graham.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/world- ... 7f0e998186

ONE of the great things about being involved in England’s World Cup squad is the chance to link up with the lads playing in Super League.

A number of the guys have impressed me this tournament.

Alex Walmsley has played the past two games and has been outstanding off the bench for us. He was unlucky to miss the opener due to illness.

He’s a sensational talent and he’s probably been the number one front-rower in Super League for a couple of years now and he’s finally got his chance on the international stage where he’s shone so bright.

His carries and the size of him would cause plenty of headaches for any defensive line.

He’s a big boy, but he’s got a bit of pace. He brings energy and a lot of aggression to the defence, too.

Anyone that watches him play can see that he’s a serious prospect.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nate-m ... 7f1474cf52

FORMER Maroons prop Nate Myles has hung up the boots after 14 seasons in the NRL.

A veteran of 233 matches for five NRL clubs since making his debut for Canterbury in 2005, Myles made a mid-season transfer from Manly to Melbourne earlier this year but managed only three games towards the back end of the season.

The 32-year old played 32 matches for Queensland from 2006 to 2017 with his final appearance coming in Game I this year.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One player I'd love to take out of the Fiji team and put in a Storm jersey is Viliame Kikau. Stuck in reserve grade yet was best forward on ground against the Kiwis.
He's a wrecking ball.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:One player I'd love to take out of the Fiji team and put in a Storm jersey is Viliame Kikau. Stuck in reserve grade yet was best forward on ground against the Kiwis.
He's a wrecking ball.
He has been great all tournament. Even from a standing start he made decent metres. Bent the line virtually every run for the Bati.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We could get him for about $400k a year and he would fit perfectly in our underlying philospohical idiology of forwards and their involvement both offensively and defensively.