Storm v ??? Prelim final. Friday 22nd September

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Broncos get up here, they'll be hoping like hell that Oates is right for next week. It wasn't been pretty for them against us when he isn't there
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It will be the Broncos. Boyd will be back and Oates will play
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Not sure how we can beat the Broncos with Oates and Boyd both playing.

Brisbane back to their defensive best. How the lima lima lima duck are we meant to score against that??

I'm very anxious
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

tigerr wrote:Not sure how we can beat the Broncos with Oates and Boyd both playing.

Brisbane back to their defensive best. How the *lima lima lima duck* are we meant to score against that??

I'm very anxious
I'm starting to think you might be trolling.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They'll bother us more than what the Penrith matchup would've.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:They'll bother us more than what the Penrith matchup would've.
agreed. but if Storm cant get over them with the year we've had and a week off......well....you know the rest
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote:
tigerr wrote:Not sure how we can beat the Broncos with Oates and Boyd both playing.

Brisbane back to their defensive best. How the *lima lima lima duck* are we meant to score against that??

I'm very anxious

Me thinks so too
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm very anxious
Seriously? Really Seriously????

We are the best attacking team in the NRL. We are also the best defensive team in the NRL. The Broncos have a terrible record against us. The Broncos struggled to beat a team that barely got into the top 8. Of Darius Boyd plays, then that's a plus for us, he's form has been terrible as of late. The only way we lose to Brisbane is if we take them lightly, which I don't think we will do
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone have stats on who we've played in our finals history. How many times have we played Brisbane. Seems like we always come up against the same sides in finals (Brisbane, parra, manly)
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Does anyone have stats on who we've played in our finals history. How many times have we played Brisbane. Seems like we always come up against the same sides in finals (Brisbane, parra, manly)
You're not wrong there actually. In 2009 and 2007 the Storm played the same three finals opponents.

Against Brisbane - from memory...

2004: Storm 31 def. Broncos 14 at Suncorp Stadium
2005: Storm 24 def. Broncos 18 at Suncorp Stadium
2006: Broncos 15 def. Storm 8 at ANZ Stadium
2007: Storm 40 def. Broncos 0 at Olympic Park
2008: Storm 16 def. Broncos 14 at Suncorp Stadium
2009: Storm 40 def. Broncos 10 at Etihad Stadium

Against Parramatta...

1999: Storm 24 def. Eels 22 at ANZ Stadium
2006: Storm 12 def. Eels 6 at Olympic Park
2007: Storm 26 def. Eels 10 at Etihad Stadium
2009: Storm 23 def. Eels 16 at ANZ Stadium
2017: Storm 18 def. Eels 16 at AAMI Park
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nothing impressed me about either team last night. Brisbane defended against a nonexistant attack, and Penrith couldnt make use of countless opportunities.

The Broncos will have to step up significantly if they want to compete next week. I'm looking forward to ending their season again.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty average game from both sides. Hopefully Brisbane play like that next week.

No chance Oates plays after that knock out.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:

I'm very anxious
No doubt about it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Nothing impressed me about either team last night. Brisbane defended against a nonexistant attack, and Penrith couldnt make use of countless opportunities.

The Broncos will have to step up significantly if they want to compete next week. I'm looking forward to ending their season again.

Brisbane have limped into the finals with injuries to key spine players and forwards. I'm not sure they have it in them to make the step up.

They have frustrated our attack the last few times in Melbourne, so hopefully we have some creative ways to put points on them.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully it's like the game up there where we smashed them.