Round 14 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gallen is one of the biggest grubs and all he does is whinge, on the field so why would post match be any different?

Apart from a couple of games where he has had some handling issues, how good has Felise Kaufusi been this season? Could very well be named for Queensland on Monday. (Which wouldn't be so good for the Storm, especially considering McLean looks set to miss Cowboys game).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Gracious.
Not a word you could ever use about Flanagan or Gallen.
What a pair of whiney little bitches they were in the post match.
It's hard to believe they have the hide to complain about the wrestle and the refereeing with the leeway they were afforded... They are on a different planet.

Well, it would nornally be hard to believe... but it's par for the course with these two sooks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blows my mind when any team complains about slowing the ruck down when literally every team tries to do it.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:Can anyone tell me what Riley Jacks offers in attack?

Are we just better playing another forward there?

He's solid defensively but not doing enough for a half back
It looked to me very much like Jacks hadn't trained with the team, or, trained in the half back position. The few times he got the ball his support runners over-ran him. I wouldn't be blaming him, I would be looking at the system. So often we have pulled key playmakers out at the last minute, usually post origin and as a result the team looks disjointed. We didn't look disjointed to start but as the game (and the niggle) wore on we didn't look very cohesive.
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:The Sharks post match all I did was PMSL ...having a whinge about smithy...bet they didn't do that in RD 4 (whenever it was) when they win

What a satisfying win...ugly frustrating but satisfying
I thought the James Bond of the Sean Connery version lookalike (aka Cameron Smith) was very lucky to not be penalised on the goal line a few times. I was screaming at the tele for him to get off (he wasn't listening but got away with it). Yet, at another point, mid field somewhere we managed to give away a penalty and our player was off theirs by a serious margin, 14min 20sec mark I think (a crowd penalty). Consistency, not....
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jacks has played a handful of FG games so not sure what people are expecting of him. He's doing the tough stuff in defence which is what we should want most from a rookie half. We've got playmaking talent around him so he doesn't need to be creative. As Bellyache would say "he played his part".
People pretty harsh on Chambers. He played really well other than letting the Sharks get under his skin but he's a passionate player and that's what drives him.
Cheese was our worst tonight. I love the guy but for someone of his size he could really be helping out the forwards a bit more with some carries out of dummy half. All of our other backs made over 100m and I'd love to see Cheese try a bit harder in that area of his game.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Very good win at this time of the year against that team and without Cronk

Gives us a nice buffer/. If we can win atleast 1 of the 2 origin affected games against NQ and Parra, we will be going alright

What does everyone think we will do in regards to team next week

Will it be
1. Munster 6 Jacks 7 Croft

or will we keep Munster and Jacks at 6 and 7 and play someone else at fullback like Young T with Curtis Scott then in the centres.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm2016 wrote: Will it be
1. Munster 6 Jacks 7 Croft

or will we keep Munster and Jacks at 6 and 7 and play someone else at fullback like Young T with Curtis Scott then in the centres.
I think it depends a bit on our salary cap situation and how payments are structured with our second-tier cap. The Club may need to manage the time B Smith, Croft and Scott play during Origin so that we have some wiggle room in our second-tier cap to cover for injuries, etc during finals.

Personally, I'd love to see more of Croft and B Smith as it gives them a bit of experience in FG and gives us a peek at what we might expect into the future.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Also I didn't think Munster and Jacks did too bad of a job at 6 and 7 but that's with Smith and Slater (and to a small extent Chambers) in the team who are able to do a bit of playmaking as well.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers had more metres than any of our forwards. Should've had a try assist off a clever play. And got into it with a few Sharks players.

I can't understand the criticism.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

I've never seen or heard two bigger kunts in my life than Flanagan or Gallen
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Yeah i thought Munster and Jacks were ok, but also think we need to add a bit of playmaking power for next week as no Billy or Cam
Does make it hard to know where we are situated when it comes to 2nd tier cap, but id like to see something like this next week

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Young T/ C.Scott
4. Cheyse Blair
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Ryley Jacks
7. Broadie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Slade Griffin
15. Joe Stimson
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Nelson Asofa Solomona

If Felise gets an origin call up, we have Nicholls or Tui K who could play on the bench.

Given Jesse dropped from leadership group, i wonder who will be acting captain? I cant remember whoelse was in the leadership group apart from the Big 3, id say Finucane would be a good captain.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storminghome wrote:I've never seen or heard two bigger kunts in my life than Flanagan or Gallen
hahahahahahha...well said =D>
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm2016 I'd love to see that side run out next game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu or Kenny would be likely captains I'd guess.