Round 13 -Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:I agree yourhero our recent performances v Knights, our record last 18 months against bottom of ladder teams and two nights after Origin is a concern.

The Storm haven't been at AAMI for a over a month hopefully they turn it on.
I guess my point is that Smith and Cronk won't be the difference between us winning and losing. IMO if 15 guys don't turn up to play (which is what it would take for us to lose to Newcastle) then it won't make a difference if the other 2 are world beaters.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Smith is a beast and always backs up. He would play for us even if our game was an hour after origin.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Many thanks Sally May and Scooter for the updates re Olam and Gallo. I was away last week and had not caught up with that news.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Many thanks Sally May and Scooter for the updates re Olam and Gallo. I was away last week and had not caught up with that news.

I only found out about Justin by asking online...when I asked why he wasn't playing
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw about Justin Olam in article in Sunshine Coast Daily.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, Chambers won't be there this week...
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm in the camp of resting Smith and Cronk aswell. Was frustrated with their reluctance not to take some games last year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will Chambers set to miss Knights game through suspension 140 points if he fights it and loses, 100 points if he pleads guilty. Either Jeremy Hawkins to make Storm debut or Young at centre (based on what Young did last time at centre, hopefully Jeremy, (Justin Olam would be handy now)).

Only other charge Michael Morgan for lifting tackle free to play with early plea.

So no charge for Cordner chicken wing, Hayne head slam or Myles eye gouge. Although I have seen calls on social media that Cam Smith should have been suspended for a lifting tackle.

Based on how Queensland played I'd say Billy will be picked for game 2.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Or Mr versatile Harris to centre and B.smith onto the bench
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone but Young.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just read that Will's charge would normally attract a fine but he was ineligible for a fine because it was the third time he has been charged this season.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Will Chambers set to miss Knights game through suspension 140 points if he fights it and loses, 100 points if he pleads guilty. Either Jeremy Hawkins to make Storm debut or Young at centre (based on what Young did last time at centre, hopefully Jeremy, (Justin Olam would be handy now)).

Only other charge Michael Morgan for lifting tackle free to play with early plea.

So no charge for Cordner chicken wing, Hayne head slam or Myles eye gouge. Although I have seen calls on social media that Cam Smith should have been suspended for a lifting tackle.

Based on how Queensland played I'd say Billy will be picked for game 2.
How Hayne has no case to answer is beyond me. Not even a penalty.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Just read that Will's charge would normally attract a fine but he was ineligible for a fine because it was the third time he has been charged this season.
NRL.com says Chambers is free to play against the Knights
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Got this from nine.com.au

"Melbourne have exposed an ambiguity in the NRL's judiciary code that will allow centre Will Chambers to play against Newcastle on Friday.

Chambers was charged with a grade-one careless high tackle over the hit that left Mitchell Pearce concussed in the State of Origin series opener on Wednesday night.

The charge usually attracts a fine, however as it was the third indiscretion from Chambers this season it was originally deemed he was ineligible for a financial penalty and faced a one-match ban.

However the Storm argued that the code's wording meant the ruling should only be implemented after a third conviction was recorded - and that Chambers had so far only been found guilty twice this season and a financial penalty was still available.

Chambers copped a $1100 fine for a contrary conduct incident in round one, and was also suspended for one match for a shoulder charge in round six."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahaha. Nice one guys!